Thread: Trinity update and etiquette reminder

Default Trinity update and etiquette reminder

Drove up here this morning - walked and waded several runs around Lewiston and DC

Swung up 3 grabs and failed to materialize any of them into fish in the net. It was a swingers party today - no touches at all on the bobber rig.

Water is low, cold, and clear. I dropped into Lewiston at 9:30 and it was still 27 degrees outside. I would estimate the water is in the low 40s at best. Grabs were quick and short and mostly in slow juicy water at the ends of the runs.

Now for the ugly. Had two different wading anglers push me off of runs I was fishing. One low holed me while I was trying to swing a run and another was literally pushing me down thru a run as he followed me with a float rig sometimes letting his float drift parallel to my position.

I know everyone has the winter steelhead bug but a little bit of etiquette and grace goes a long way. There are hundreds of runs that hold fish on our rivers and plenty of room for everyone. Don’t be that guy/gal who crowds someone out.

Sucks to hear things of this sort. I guess the positive is you had some minimal action though

I really just gave up trying to see etiquette with people on the river. Makes the trip more pleasant.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

I guess if you have some waders indo fishing upstream, some waders swinging down stream and others in drift boats on a small river

like the Trinity it can be frustrating.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks for the report. Going up Wednesday to fish the Trinity and will head to the Klamath for Thursday. Have to be home for a Friday trip to Sonoma County. It will be a whirl wind 3 days. Hopefully I will have a little action.

Well if you can access a run on foot than others will too. Best way to get away is to float to water that’s hard to reach. Or bring multiple setups that work in a situation like that (indi rod or single hand rod with a sink tip to work the water faster). Also, you should’ve taken you’re time. If you felt like you were being pushed down stream you should’ve just pushed back by slowing down your pace.