Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any Bay Area fly shops??

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie S View Post
    I miss McClintic’s on Grand Avenue in Oakland.
    I miss U.C.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFishin View Post
    I miss U.C.
    Likewise.

Bob

Internet killed the fly shops. And as far as manufacturers go, they say they’re pro fly shops but making fly shops buy $5-$10k worth of product (reels, rod, and appeal) to stay as a “dealer” is BS. Forcing fly shops to push over priced rods that don’t sell and then cutting them as a dealer because they’re not pushing $10k worth of product doesnt help the fly shops. This in turn doesn’t help the manufacturer. This is why we see sage and Simms in Bass pro/Cabela’s magazines. In my eyes those guys sold out.

Norcal,

I agree with you on the Outdoor pro shop in Cotati. That shop has 4 million in inventory and carry tons of flies including all of mine for Mexico plus Steelhead and salmon O yea all my Shad flies too.... They also ship

Carl Blackledge

I’m here Ben, waiting for a visit during the fishing season.

[QUOTE=BS;187212]Likewise.

I’ve migrated to Central Oregon. 30-45 minutes to reach 9 fishable lakes. Ten + minutes to the Fall River. Two minutes to the Deschutes River. Bend is the best brew city in the US. What can I say?

"I’ve migrated to Central Oregon. 30-45 minutes to reach 9 fishable lakes. Ten + minutes to the Fall River. Two minutes to the Deschutes River. Bend is the best brew city in the US. What can I say?"

Yep, I do remember that.

IIRC Phil made the exodus first, then you, then Betty........

When we decided to leave California, Bend was on the radar for us too.
    The wife wasn't too keen with the snow (specifically driving in it) so we we nixed that idea.

I use to live in Chico and became friends with Paul (Carpy).
    Back in the day, on the NCFFB, I always enjoyed the exchanges/banter between you and Paul.
    And even further back,............................ we met at a "Rod Bash" in Redding too !!!!!!

A few weeks back at Pyramid, I talked to a fellow that recently moved up to Bend and asked him if he had crossed paths with you, Phil, or Betty yet.
    He hadn't, but don't be surprised if you're fishing up there and run into him and he mentions fishing at Pyramid.

In the past I've made a couple of fishing trips to fish Hosmer....... specificly to catch the Landlocked Atlantic Salmon (shows you how long ago that was) and REALLY,REALLY loved Bend.

Just some stuff from the past................................

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 12-15-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Blackledge View Post
    Norcal,

I agree with you on the Outdoor pro shop in Cotati. That shop has 4 million in inventory and carry tons of flies including all of mine for Mexico plus Steelhead and salmon O yea all my Shad flies too.... They also ship

Carl Blackledge
    Carl, for the fisherman (fly or conventional), that store has a ton of inventory and one can really spend a lot of time browsing!