Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Steelhead on the Smith river *not me*

Quote Originally Posted by bigfly View Post
    I hope the sniffer goes away.......

Jim
    The fishsniffer is just that... a bunch of sniffs who sit and talk about fishing instead of actually doing it. WAIT A MINUTE! That's MOST fishing forums... No one wants to pay their dues and learn by trial and error anymore. That is my beef with the internet and the Fishsniffer, which claims to be an authority, the gold standard if you will... despite that it is often caught giving out bogus info and over-sensationalizing so that those of us who actually DO FISH get infiltrated... I used to post useful info on that site but then the place became a brag fest and certain members would regurgitate info (I disclosed to them via PM) as if it were there own earned discoveries/knowledge. The one staff member I respect there is Dan Bacher and that is for all of his tireless work attending the public hearings and meetings... rallying and researching and writing articles to educate and inform folks about the issues which face our Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta watershed and its fisheries.

The publication used to blatantly lie about fish reports. That sticks in my craw. Also the flosser I mean salmon steelhead board there.

Quote Originally Posted by avidangler View Post
    The publication used to blatantly lie about fish reports. That sticks in my craw. Also the flosser I mean salmon steelhead board there.
    Flosser? There’s a lot of people on that board who troll, back plug, and bobber fish. Including myself when it comes to salmon. Not everyone flosses if they’re holding gear rod. I could say the same about some Fly fisherman racking redds with beads. We’re all fisherman. FYI, once the report comes out of Fishsniffer that hot bite is over. Don’t rely on others reports. Be your own report.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    Flosser? There’s a lot of people on that board who troll, back plug, and bobber fish. Including myself when it comes to salmon. Not everyone flosses if they’re holding gear rod. I could say the same about some Fly fisherman racking redds with beads. We’re all fisherman. FYI, once the report comes out of Fishsniffer that hot bite is over. Don’t rely on others reports. Be your own report.

That board is chock full of guys who drift fish 12 - 15 foot leaders at sailor bar. I'm not saying everyone there is,but a good number of them are. Or at least were before the leader rule .

As for being my own report I am referring to false fishing reports to sell a publication. Not report chasing . I get it you like the fish sniffer.

Quote Originally Posted by avidangler View Post
    As for being my own report I am referring to false fishing reports to sell a publication. Not report chasing . I get it you like the fish sniffer.
    I don’t like it or hate it. I check the board during salmon season only to see if the runs are coming in thicker. Say what you want. Everyone has an opinion.

Four years absent from sacramento and all is still the same.

More time moves the more life remains the same

Merry Christmas! Rejoice our saviour is born
    There is a fine line between fishing and standing there like an idiot!