Thread: Fish with Andy trip.

Default Fish with Andy trip.

There are very nice steelhead at the hatchery. Fish are moving through. I’m offering a day swinging and exploring with me on the American River this Monday. Email me for the fee if you are interested . Thanks. 👨🏼*✈️🎣😃

I’d love to go with you Andy but I’ve been packing up and moving!

I spent a few hours swinging the runs below H street bridge yesterday morning. Found a couple sea lions doing their thing, and unsurprisingly, no grabs. Hope you fared better than me Andy!

My self and another gentlemen were above Watt this afternoon. No grabs my self and didn’t see anything on his line. Did see a fish pushing up a riffle on the other side, but couldn’t tell if it was a salmon. Moved below the bridge the last hour of light and saw one more fish cruising the surface, again could not tell if it was a salmon, but was definitely a fish.

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    I spent a few hours swinging the runs below H street bridge yesterday morning. Found a couple sea lions doing their thing, and unsurprisingly, no grabs. Hope you fared better than me Andy!
    There's a place similar to that I really enjoy, PV, in large part due to the absence of crowds and semi-obscure access. Let's keep it that way! I love that big riffle, though nymphing the side channel can pay dividends, too.

Caught a surprise 24" wild chromer in a similar location in May swinging soft hackles on a 4wt dry line, took me for a real ride.
    Last edited by OctoberCaddis; 12-19-2018 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Specifics removed

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberCaddis View Post
    Favorite spot on the river, PV, in large part due to the absence of crowds and semi-obscure access. Let's keep it that way! I love that big riffle, though nymphing the side channel can pay dividends, too.

Caught a surprise 24" wild chromer there in May swinging soft hackles on a 4wt dry line, took me for a real ride.
    Shhhh, you talk about it publicly it won’t be absent of crowds much longer. That’s what I love about the American, steelhead year around. You never know what you’ll hook into!

Haha so true, a lot of lurkers....Will be down there in the morning swinging. Prob in a bright blue jacket. Say hi if you’re around.