Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's help Jon B!

Default Let's help Jon B!

You guys all know Jon Baiocchi, he posts here regularly under the Troutstalker handle, and is one of the best guides in the game. If you've fished the Lower Yuba, the Truckee, the Little Truckee, the Feather, the North Feather, the North Yuba, the Middle Feather, Lake Davis or Frenchman's, you've directly benefitted from his hard work through TU and other agencies to improve and restore the fisheries.

Jon's truck and all his possessions / gear were stolen this am from a hotel parking lot in Sacramento as Jon was making the rounds speaking at various fly fishing clubs. We put together a fund to help patch things over for him in the short run until he can bounce back, please follow the link and share some love for someone who's worked tirelessly to help the fisheries we all use.

https://www.gofundme.com/hope-for-jo...PjBBRWd-GLtcms

Thanks for getting this going. Didn’t realize the extent of his loss. Donations made!
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Just flat out wrong what happened. Great to see everyone rallying to help Jon, one of the best ambassadors's for fly fishing and on top of that, a great man. He's a humble man, so great to see others who stepped up and created a way for us to get him some help in this tough time

Raffi "Rafdawg34"

Done. Thanks for setting this up.

Makes you sometimes lose faith in people, yet when the good ones step up, it gives
    you some faith back.

Hang in there Jon!

EricO

Simply one of the nicest most sincere guys I’ve met. Oh and he’s pretty good guide as well.
    Please donate if you can. I’m sure it all helps and get message out. This is a great community.
    Hang in there JB!

Done
    Looks like surpassed original target

UPDATE: The authorities have some very strong leads regarding my truck and gear.
    I cannot share the details at this time as it would comprise the case. I will be in Truckee for the next few days staying at some friends houses and meeting with council to plan a road map for the next few months or more. I'm completely blown away by all the support from all of you, it has been a real eye opener on just how much my presence in fly fishing and life has meant to you all. Thank you, lots of love to everyone - I'm one lucky dude! - J.
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.

Times of misfortune bring out the best in the best and the worst in the worst. Let's hope they catch the scumbags that made off with Jon's truck and gear.
    "Radiate, radiate, radiate far and wide as the lines of latitude and longitude on a globe."
    - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by ricards View Post
    Times of misfortune bring out the best in the best and the worst in the worst. Let's hope they catch the scumbags that made off with Jon's truck and gear.
    Really nice to hear all the support that Jon B has gotten and its no surprise given the positive influence he has in this industry and the type of person he is. What sort of low do you have to be to take somebody livelihood? Really sad. Certainly praying for a positive outcome to all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cdevine View Post
    Really nice to hear all the support that Jon B has gotten and its no surprise given the positive influence he has in this industry and the type of person he is. What sort of low do you have to be to take somebody livelihood? Really sad. Certainly praying for a positive outcome to all of this.
    UPDATE: Good news! About 60% of my fly fishing gear has been recovered, it's hard to tell from the pictures as to what is left and I will have to go through items like my vest and tackle bag to verify. The five rods are there so that is huge. Unfortunately many key items are still lost, including my F-250 truck. Not sure when I will be able to get my gear back from the authorities. I will be reaching out to all the fly fishing manufacturers whom I have promoted through my website, blog, and social media in the last 10 years for additional help to get back where I was at. The authorities have a suspect, he is a repeat violator of vehicle thefts and the scum of the earth. He stole 4 other vehicles including mine in a two day period. The DA is looking to send him away for a long time.

I want to thank every one who has and is still contributing to my Go Fund Me campaign started by Ashley Shaw and Gregg Shaw - two of the most caring people on the planet. I also want to thank all those who have donated gear, flies, and other items to get me back on the water and guiding, have provided short term housing, vehicles, meals, and all the little things in life I'm currently missing. I am truly touched by all your kindness. - Thank you! - J.
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.