Thread: Pyramid Report 12/6/2018

Default Pyramid Report 12/6/2018

I had another chance to fish Pyramid today.

I fished at Wino again.
    I met and chatted with a contributor/lurker here on Kiene's Forum too !!!

On the water @ 7:45 a.m. and called it a day @ 3:15 p.m..
    I went 2 for 5.
    I landed one rat, and the second was a little larger, and the rest were LDR's.
    All the action for me was up until noonish......, then the fish switch turned "off".

Not "much" love from the fishes with the chartreuse/white I've been using, either stripping or under a 'cator.
    One of the "regulars there" left early today because it was so slow for him.

Today was overcast with the wind blowing onshore all day creating lots of chop, but, man o' man was it ever cold !!!!!!
    It took the better part of my one hour drive home, with the heat and vents on high, to get the feeling back in my finger tips !!!!!!

Who said, "The worse the weather is, the better the fishing is at Pyramid".
    Humph................

Bob

I was out there yesterday afternoon as well. We started at shot dog around 1:15 and the fishing was hot right off the bat. We hooked 5 and landed 3 in the first hour, two of those fish were in the 6-8lb range. The wind really kicked up at 3 so we went south to the Pelican to see if we could dodge it. Fished at pelican from 3:15-4:30 with no grabs... heading back out right now

We got back to the RV park from a necessary trip home and yesterday I fished a hike to beach just up from the park. Only fished about 2 1/2 hrs. from noon 'til 2:30. Landed two stripping a white/chart tadpole. Quit when my numb fingers couldn't feel holding line against the switch rod cork anymore. Need better gloves or bionic fingers. Decent size and hard fighters. Brrrrrrr, it's cold!

Fished pyramid again today, this time we spent all of our time at spider point. Our best bite window was between 9:00-11:00... bite slowed way down after 11. We got two on balance leech/chironomid under an indicator and the other two stripping a black leech and chartreuse popcorn beetle. We ended up going 4/9 with all fish being rats besides one bright summit fish that went 25”. Missed a lot of opportunities but that’s how it goes sometimes.

Thanks for chiming in guys !!!

All good information for newbs and the archives, and I'm certain the "Pros" and "Guides" at the lake use this info in some capacity too !!!

Bob

It is time for fishing Pyramid lake near Sparks, NV.......especially for the guys with open arteries.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........