Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Main Stem & SF Eel, Van Duzen

Quote Originally Posted by mircetich View Post
    PM Sent, Call if you wish
    Hey Jon, are you guiding again up there?

My daughter and I will run shuttles when we are available for the Eel, VD, and lower SF. PM me for a phone number

No, Just fishing for myself now! but available to help out when needed. Feel free to give me a shout for info or up to date conditions. I know it is a hour to get here

I’m looking for a shuttle later this week on the south fork. Does the shop in Garberville have any leads for shuttles? Any info is much appreciated.

Thank you- Stan

Stan,
    You might want to call Grundman's Sporting Goods in Rio Dell.
    707-764-5744 ; Good folks there.
    Brown's in Garberville is 707-923-2533.
    Hope you post a report.
    Best,
    Larry S
    Sun Diego

Thank you Larry -

I was planning on posting a report - I will update it to this thread. My wife and I are hoping to fish until Saturday. We might end up on the Trinity later in the week, but it looks like they already have plenty of boats, so we thought to explore the S Fork.

I was up on the Mad Saturday and Sunday. Both it and the Van Duzen were stilll pretty off color, and the Mad didn’t seem to have many fish in it. I did manage one 9# wild buck and had another on for 2 head shakes, but saw virtually nothing else hooked. Hit the Trinity on the way back, level and color is perfect, but no one told the fish. Nothing at Willow Creek, one grab in JC, lots of activity between JC and Big Bar. Must be a reason?

Heard Redwood Creek was clear, don’t know about anything south of Eureka. Have fun, and please post a report.

Word around the campfire is fishin has been slow ,scratch fishin at it's finest. Can't catch them from the sofa,though.

Yep. Fishing on the coast has been slooooooooow. On the upside, the wading is nice and easy with lower flows and improved clarity.

Fishing was slow for me. Rode the public bus to shuttle the trailer - worked well. River looks great and I was told a guy landed 3 in Leggett a few days ago. We spent our time focusing on Benbow to Garberville, awesome drift and works well with the bus. Fish might be in a different section of the river, but we didn't cross any.