Thread: Aitutaki Trip

Default Aitutaki Trip

I scheduled another trip to Aitutaki, Cook Islands for next October.

The exact dates are October 6 - 11 & 13 - 18. As you can see I have two weeks
    scheduled back to back. I'm staying for two weeks next year.

Here's what you get in the package. There is no mark up or commission on this trip.
    6 nights, 5 days fishing, guides, 3 meals a day and airport transportation. Breakfast is served
    at the Blue Lagoon restaurant, lunch is in the boat - usually a couple sandwiches, fruit and water,
    dinner is at the Boat Shop. The rooms are pretty spacious, walk in showers, kitchen area for making coffee
    in the morning or you can get coffee at breakfast.

Now the guides, they are more transportation guides that take you to the fishing flats. If you want, they will walk with you or you can walk on your own. Or you can get the Davey brothers, but from what I understand, they charge $300.00 per day, so that could make a difference in your payment.

It's a full day of fishing, from 7:30am to 4pm. It's also tough fishing, much tougher than Christmas Island.

You fly out of LAX to Rarotonga, Cook Island on October 5th at 11:55pm arrive in Rarotonga on Oct 6th at 6:30am. Then you catch a flight to Aitutaki at 11:30am and arrive at 12:15pm. We will be greeted at the airport by one of the staff from Popoara Villas and taken to the Villas. You will be assigned your villa and have time to unpack. I will usually fish a couple hours on the flats located close to where we stay. That evening we will have dinner at the Boat Shack.

Now here's the best thing... The cost of the trip is $2,750 NZD or $1,555 USD. I put it on my credit card and got the NZD rate at the time it was posted. The price is much cheaper than most trips. The airfare is where it will cost you. Right now it's $794.00 to Cook Islands and around #390.00 from Rarotonga to Aitutaki on Air Rarotonga.

If you're interested, give me a call or send me an email for more details.
    My phone is 831 809-4221 cell or home 559 449-0679

Jay

PS... the trip is limited to 8 people per week.

I already have 4 people in each week
    Last edited by Baja Fly Fisher; 11-27-2018 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Change

If guys are booking this far out they might be able to get one of the Davey's now by sending in a deposit directly and locking that date in.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

I already have one boat. People can change daily if desired. I heard their fee is $300.00 per day. I just got the confirmation on prices and villas for next year.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Anyone still interested in going to Aitutaki, Cook Island in October 2019 the airfare for New Zealand air has gone down. It's now $693.00. The regular price is/was $975.00. I only have 4 spots left in the week of Oct 13 - 18. The first week is booked up.
    Also my Baja trips are almost booked. I have 2 spots left in the week of May 4 - 11 and 1 spot left in the week of Jun 1-8

Jay,

With the large hold over of bait the past few years and especially this year I am sure your trips in Baja will sell out quickly, Loreto where I fish still has bait balls and a harbor full of Sardines, The predictions are for off the hook fishing again for 2019, the Oasis hotel in Loreto is being booked way ahead of last year at this time.

Carl Blacklkedge

They are still catching wahoo Dorado, yellow fin tuna and roosters in the Las Arenas area. Still a lot of bait in the area

Jay,

According to the Bloody decks web site--lots of giant Dorado being caught in the 50-60 pound range-All great signs for a great year next year

Wish I was going tomorrow

Carl Blackledge