Thread: Sage film - Fly fishing in the Seychelles for GT, Permit, and Bluefin Trevally.

Default Sage film - Fly fishing in the Seychelles for GT, Permit, and Bluefin Trevally.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Where do these young guys get the money to go to places like this? They can't all be guides, and DeRoches Atoll is one of the more upscale places to go if you're considering going to the Seychelles.

I've gotten hooked (literally) on GT's and after landing a few good ones I can't think of going anywhere else that doesn't have them in their vicinity. Bones and permit are fine, tarpon are right up there too with the best of them, but GT's for me are number one.

I like all kinds of jacks and trevally. They all start their name with Caranx. Brute strong, aggressive, and not picky as to what fly they take.

So, with all these YOUTUBE videos about the Seychelles, that's got to be at the top of my bucket list of places yet to go. I often wonder if I'm up for a trip like going to the Seychelles? These guys running around on knee deep coral bottoms like that are kids in their 20's or 30's. Maybe under fifty? I'm way past that now.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Tony I am well past those young dudes in all the videos too but that isn't stopping me from going. I am headed to Providence Atoll in April for to get my bucket list GT.

The difference between going now vs 20 years ago? I am going to spend a fair amount of time this winter getting in fish fighting shape. Have been in decent shape ever since I retired and I continue to go on the treadmill or stationary bike. But I am working now with resistance bands to build up my upper body. Can't hurt.

Oh, and I will spend even more time poling my skiff around this winter. It IS really good for building your upper body so I keep telling my wife I need to go fish more and more to get ready for the Seychelles!

My advice - Go sooner rather than later. It will only get physically harder, more expensive, and more pressured.

Good recommendations Steve.
    Are you going with a group or meeting up with a bunch of guys once there? Have you been there before?
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Tony,

A buddy and I are going and meeting the rest of the guys there. We are going through Fly Castaway (I met the owners tarpon fishing in Florida and they are great guys). I have been to the Seychelles once before (2000) and went on a live aboard sailing vessel. We flew to Desroches and then fished some Atolls close to there. The bonefishing was outstanding and we had two days chasing permit (damn things) but no GTs. So this time we decided to just go all out.

Steve