Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made it out.

Default Made it out.

Well I have the unfortunate (?) distinction of having survived the Camp Fire.

I did manage to save a hand full of rods, (bamboo and a couple of graphite's), my BMW, my Jeep w/trailer, our 3 cats and a few boxes of papers and pictures. House is now a pile of ash. My wife drove the BMW out, and, as far as I'm concerned, the car saved her life. We both had to drive through the fire, me in a cloth top Jeep. At one point I didn't think I'd make it.

We have a place to live, but 99.9% of the people of Paradise don't, so in that way, feel very lucky.

I'll post again in a while, but it'll be a long road to recovery.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

We have a good friend who made it out with her two sons and dogs but lost everything else.

They have gone to Oregon to live with her brother now.

Very, very sad situation.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hey there,

While I cant offer much in the way of financial assistance to victims of this tragedy, I'd love to take you out on a free guided trip to get your mind off things. Shoot me a call when your ready to get out on the water. I have everything we will need.

Thoughts are with you all!

That is a very nice thing to do for these fire victoms.

Tayler Wells is one of Nor Cal's best and most respected fly fishing guides.

Thanks.....
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Wineslob,

Thank you for checking in.

My thoughts were and are with you and all of the residents "on the ridge" during this tragedy.

As a former Paradise and Magalia resident, the wife and I always had in the back of our minds "when" and not "if" this were to happen.

I'm so thrilled you and your family "made it out".

Sadly though, a pal that I use to fish with along with and his 90 year old mother are on the missing list.

I'm sure Thanksgiving has a meaning to you that most of us will never understand.

Once again, Thank You for checking in.

Bob

Glad to hear you made it. Why don't you start a list of fly gear, or outdoor gear in general you may need. I'm sure this forum could fill it for you quickly.

Best,
    Scott

Wow. Unbelievable nightmare. Glad you, your wife, and your critters made it out safe!!

Puts things in perspective for those of us who didn't have to go through a disaster like this...

Glad that you and your wife made it safely out. Our hearts go out to you and all of the folks affected by this terrible fire.

Glad you are safe and sorry for your loss! This was so devastating!!

Quote Originally Posted by TaylerW View Post
    Hey there,

While I cant offer much in the way of financial assistance to victims of this tragedy, I'd love to take you out on a free guided trip to get your mind off things. Shoot me a call when your ready to get out on the water. I have everything we will need.

Thoughts are with you all!

Thank you so much. Things like this are better than money. Possibly this spring.......right now work is 6-7 days a week, and I'm dealing with insurance.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.