Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Made it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Wineslob,

Thank you for checking in.

My thoughts were and are with you and all of the residents "on the ridge" during this tragedy.

As a former Paradise and Magalia resident, the wife and I always had in the back of our minds "when" and not "if" this were to happen.

I'm so thrilled you and your family "made it out".

Sadly though, a pal that I use to fish with along with and his 90 year old mother are on the missing list.

I'm sure Thanksgiving has a meaning to you that most of us will never understand.

Once again, Thank You for checking in.

Bob

I hope with the reduction of the missing, that your friends are on the "found ok" list.

I'm going to start rebuilding my fly tying, slowly, as nothing made it. Friends of the family that know me are sending checks with the stipulation that I use a portion to get materials and equipment again.
    The areas that I love to fish, as far as I can tell, remain untouched by the fire except for the NFF below the Poe power dam. Still it gives me a "future" to look forward to.

Thank you to everyone for the kind words.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

Wineslob,
    Very sorry to hear that you got caught up in that terrible fire that happened. I can't even imagine loosing almost everything like you did but glad you and wife and animals made it out. If you would like to send me your address I would be happy to send you a lot of tying materials. I have more than I can ever use and would love to be able to help you out.

Thanks,
    Erik

I have some hooks and some feathers too!

glad you and wife and animals made it out

Thank you, everyone. I never thought my cats would be such a comfort, but the little buggers can really sense that my wife and I need them, they won't leave us alone..........
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.