Thread: Guide advice

Default Guide advice

Hey all
    Unfortunately I ruined my shoulder and can not row my drift boat now. My cousin is coming out from the East Coast for three days of fishing November 1-3. I was thinking of taking him up and splitting the time between the lower sac and maybe the Trinity or Klamath . With only three days I don’t want to spend all of it driving. We will be leaving from Berkeley on Thursday afternoon and coming back Sunday after fishing.

Since my cousin is flying all the way out here I want to make sure we have the best chance at productive fishing so I’m thinking of hiring guides for all three days. I know there are a lot of guides who post on this board etc.… And I was hoping that I could get some good crowd sourced information on guides that some of you have used that you would recommend for the lower sac and Klamath or Trinity.

Also, of course I would be happy to hear any advice about where to go.… I missed a whole year of fishing after my injury and I’m a little bit out of the loop now.

Thanks
    Jim Davenport

These guys know the Klamath really well, and are known for catching monster browns on the McCloud.
    http://wildwatersflyfishing.com/

If you decide on the Trinity then Kris or Greg Kennedy, Lonnie Boles. Ernie Denison, all through The Fly Shop. Confluence Outfitters is also good for the Trinity. For the Lower Sac all of the above plus Shane Kolbeck.

from a purely logistical standpoint, the Lower Sac and Trinity are much closer together than the LS and Klamath. the fishing has been pretty good on both the LS and Trinity. don't discount the Upper Sac at this time of year either.

Peter Santley is a great guide for both the Lower Sac and Trinity as well.
    (530) 318 7073-Peter's contact.

It's a busy time of year on both of those waters so I would try and book asap.