Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: East Walker, Hot, Owens....First Time

Thanks Jason.
    Plan B would be to move on to The Owens.

Thanks again for all the input.

I fished the E. Walker but other than a strike or two came away with appreciation only.
    I understand better how tough this place can be to fish. Talked to three other folks that had exactly the same as me...nada.
    While catching did not work out the place is beautiful. Saw a bear one morning....medium sized and only sixty yards away. Lots of deer crossing the river.

I had to wait for my return trip from Albuquerque to fish Hot Creek but I am very glad I did return that way.
    Did not catch many but was thrilled with the fish I did catch. My best guess is the largest was 14-15" and the smallest was still at least 12".
    What a beautiful place to fish!
    Water was pretty low so I kept the fish in the water. Got a handful of nettles while reaching for the first fish! Ouch. Quite a few more people fishing on Hot than on EW.

I ended up coming home via 50 so I thought to try the Silver Fork American. Not a fish to be seen or touched in three hours. It "looked fishy" but I could not figure it out.

Great Fall colors from the Silver Fork all the way to Bishop! Sorry, I rarely take photos any more.

Thx Bob. Glad you had a good trip. The EW is getting really fickle. Was hoping to see at least 100 CFS for awhile but down to 60 now. EW in my experience is pretty tranquil and remote. If you fish down from mile you rarely see people. As for AR- Silver my experience has been best to just drive by. I live pretty close and have hiked back into some of the creeks which can be fun in summer on dries but mainly 8-10 inch fish.