Thread: Well, I Got It ?

Question Well, I Got It ?

So after reading all of your recommendations, camera reviews, and every good experience you guys have had,,,,,,, I went and bought a new Olympus TG-5. Built to be tough like it's name says. Drop it, kick it, drown it, freeze it, and so much more.

It looks like it'll do everything EXCEPT be easy to operate I admit I'm not very computer literate , I don't have any kind of SMART phone thing. Hell, I'm just getting used to using a flip cell phone, and, I've got fat fingers that always cover three buttons at once.

So now I've got this wonderful new toy camera, bright red, and loaded with all kinds of little buttons and arrows, and I'm having a hell of a time getting comfortable learning the do's and don'ts, mostly don'ts.

They give a really little manual as to how to get started, and how to tie on the carry strap . But, when it comes to taking a picture, or looking at what you took a picture of, it starts getting complicated. And this is the easy stuff. So, what do they do? They tell you to go to the computer and find an Olympus website with a certain tutorial. Great, but this tutorial is over a hundred pages long, and I can't carry a computer around with me just to take a picture. Especially out on the flats.

So, I'm playing with this thing, trying my darnedest to get familiar with all the buttons and steps how to use them, but it's tough. Just like the name of the camera series "TOUGH". Tough to take a beating, but tough for an old NON-Techno guy to figure out how to use too
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

find out the full auto setting and use that it works really well!