Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I heard the flow has come down on Putah Creek.

Awesome man. I have more info on fly fishing and Putah Creek; but would be happy to answer any questions about pig hunting as well.
    Last edited by Rob Russell Fly Fishing; 09-08-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Definitely need more C&R signs. Drove by a dude with 2 or 3 12" inchers on a stringer a month ago.

There is no budget left in California for game wardens........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

A stringer at Putah? Good lord. Seems like there are signs everywhere. I hope that is a rare exception. But I'm convinced I will get struck by lightning in CA before I see a warden and I fish a lot. I see NDOW quite a bit when fishing on the Truckee or EW in Nevada. Saw Wardens all time in Alaska fishing. I think you are right bill. No resources. Bummer,

You’d think they’d have signs about rafting the upper stretches of putah. Last night on way home there was a truck and trailer w canoes and a raft surrounded by chp fire ambulance and helicopter sitting in parking lot. With river lit up. Drove past next parking lot and same scenerio. Very sad and I hope the outcome turned for the best. Do not know any details, we all know how cold that water is and if not prepared you won’t last long in it. Be safe wading as well

Last night on Putah Creek was pretty crazy. While suiting up around 6:30 pm a Winters fire truck pulled up sirens blazing. I was looking around for a fire... Fireman said did you call in an emergency. Not me sir. About the same time a search and rescue helicopter arrived and was circling around Access 4. That is fast for the helicopter as Winters is about five minutes to the creek. Fireman took off and didn't give any information. I walked around figuring it was a swift water rescue, but didn't see anybody or anything out of order. I talked to a sheriff who said an empty kayak was found and an emergency was called in. I looked at the news today but see anything in the local papers. Hopefully everyone is safe. What I can say is emergency services in the area are fast and we should all be thankful for those guys!!