Thread: Gualala access

Default Gualala access

In March 2018 I was at the Gualala. The road on the north side of the river has many "no trespassing" signs. I have been trying to search the internet for information whether or not the public can be on the road or not. The road is gated so I assume no public access? Same thing up off Annapolis rd as well at the bridge there.

I always went in via the little park on the south side before the Hwy 1 bridge. Of course that was 30 years ago!

Access and posting via kindle isn't very good.

Look up mendocinno plat maps or parcel maps. GIS mapping with ownership of parcels is available on line. It will show public land as well as private land with owner info.

The best access for fishing is down in switchville and where the north fork comes in. Above that you can access the river from a logging road. That's your best bet. This stream is limited as far as run size and timing is essential. Basically all those coastal rivers near fort bragg are limited in size and scope. There is limited access on the garcia and Navarro rivers as well. It pays to be flexible . Pretty area.

Gualala River Redwood Park

http://gualalapark.com/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I contacted the Friends of the Gualala. I was told that I could legally walk in the riverbed (although I can imagine how fun that will be trudging upstream in the winter...). They told me depending on who owns the land at the time, trespassing enforcement on the road will vary.