Thread: 1595 1/2 RC Medalist reel WANTED

Default 1595 1/2 RC Medalist reel WANTED

Someone stole my reel on rod from my boat while re fueling. I could live without the rod but not the reel I have many spools loaded to fit and no reel ( one of my favorites thanks to Bill Kiene).
    If anyone knows where I can obtain or has a 1595 1/2 RC Medalist/Pflueger reel with or without spool please contact me. Thanks in advance,
    Andy Penn 916-804-9629
    Last edited by Andy Penn; 03-03-2021 at 04:00 PM. Reason: delete

Default Medalist 1595 1/2

This may help. The frame for the reel on a model 1595-1/2 and a 1495-1/2 is the same. The only difference between the two models is that the spools have a lip over the outside rim of the frame to allow palming the reel for additional drag.

Have you checked Pfluegers website??? Maybe they still have your model....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Just did a quick search of Ebay and found six Medalist 1595 1/2 with various prices and conditions currently offered. Ebay can be good source for used fly fishing gear, and also a PIA creating/maintain your account. Hopefully this helps in your search, at a minimum it will give you a idea what they are going for.

Question Interchangeable....

I have each model and extra spools for each and have found them to be interchangeable. Admittedly they're old but that shouldn't make any difference.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Smile Wanted: Medalist 1595 1/2 RC reel

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    This may help. The frame for the reel on a model 1595-1/2 and a 1495-1/2 is the same. The only difference between the two models is that the spools have a lip over the outside rim of the frame to allow palming the reel for additional drag.

Have you checked Pfluegers website??? Maybe they still have your model....
    Thank you , I found a 1495 1/2 and it works great and I learned something new... I 'm happy, thank you again.
    Andy