Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grizzlies in California?

Default Grizzlies in California?

Sorry but I got a pretty good giggle out of this. Just read an article in our local Idaho Falls paper about a plan to re-interduce Grizzlies to the Northern Cascades in Washington. Seems that they were part of the picture back in the 1800's and farther back

I was wondering if the subject has come up in California? As I recall CA had a rather large population back in the early days, so large in fact that it's on the state flag.

Just a thought, relocating a couple to the banks of the AR there in town might help solve the homeless problem. Might make bank fishing somewhat of a risky proposition though.

Something to think about!

That's a great thought. Not just the AR. Got me to giggle too.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Here's a link to a 2014 story.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-a...803-story.html

Best,
    Larry S
    Sun Diego

It’d give us CA residents a better shot at getting CC permits.

Having a place in California wild enough for Grizzlies to live would really be something but with 40 million people in this state it is not likely to happen. Maybe we could buy all the ag land in the San Joaquin Valley which would allow us leave the water in the rivers thereby saving the salmon, stop the pumping which would save the Delta and convert the restored San Joaquin valley Riparian areas into Grizzly lands. Sounds good but probably a little ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by Idadon View Post
    Sorry but I got a pretty good giggle out of this. Just read an article in our local Idaho Falls paper about a plan to re-interduce Grizzlies to the Northern Cascades in Washington. Seems that they were part of the picture back in the 1800's and farther back

I was wondering if the subject has come up in California? As I recall CA had a rather large population back in the early days, so large in fact that it's on the state flag.

Just a thought, relocating a couple to the banks of the AR there in town might help solve the homeless problem. Might make bank fishing somewhat of a risky proposition though.

Something to think about!
    Genius idea!!!

I got a good laugh reading the Chronicle this morning where the valley almond farmers were griping about Trump's trade war with China and that they weren't going to get any of the $12BN in taxpayer bailout for farmers impacted by the tariffs. They were complaining that they export hundreds of millions of dollars worth of nuts to China and that they should be first in line for federal aid.

Wait what? they are growing almonds to export to China???? I guess the next time they say they need more water "because they grow food and food is important!" we should ask them who exactly they are growing it for?

We laugh at the Chinese as they pillage and pollute their country to make i-phones and all sorts of cheap plastic crapola for us...but we are destroying our rivers so they can have almond chicken! the joke is on us.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy new fly fishing gear and that usually does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    Having a place in California wild enough for Grizzlies to live would really be something...
    Dude, come to Trinity County. Grizzlies would be fine here. We have 6 people per square mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I got a good laugh reading the Chronicle this morning where the valley almond farmers were griping about Trump's trade war with China and that they weren't going to get any of the $12BN in taxpayer bailout for farmers impacted by the tariffs. They were complaining that they export hundreds of millions of dollars worth of nuts to China and that they should be first in line for federal aid.

Wait what? they are growing almonds to export to China???? I guess the next time they say they need more water "because they grow food and food is important!" we should ask them who exactly they are growing it for?

We laugh at the Chinese as they pillage and pollute their country to make i-phones and all sorts of cheap plastic crapola for us...but we are destroying our rivers so they can have almond chicken! the joke is on us.
    Agreed 100%

Back packing would never be the same........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........