Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electra Rd

Default Electra Rd

Thinking about hitting the Mokelumne River at Electra Rd next wk and wondering if anyone has a report on how the fishing's been.

Thanks

Haven’t been this year but over the last few years it has gone down hill. Used to be a go to spot but now not so much. I haven’t fly fished it but even with conventional gear it is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by kmastro View Post
    Thinking about hitting the Mokelumne River at Electra Rd next wk and wondering if anyone has a report on how the fishing's been.

Thanks
    Well, If you want your car broken into, that's a good place to go.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

Thanks for the info.... Think I'll stay away.

I’ve fished it for years not once have I ever had a problem with anyone breaking into anything. It’s a good spot for little
    Browns and the right time of year you can get some nice ones that come through.

I have been there 10 times in the last 3 years and never had a problem with my car getting broken into either. There are browns in the rapids (if you want to call it that) but the bows are getting smaller every year

Glad to hear that place is still decent and not what it was made out to be.

Good luck up there.

There are some really nice browns in that stretch of river in the fall and the kokanee move up to spawn around October which can be a fun experience as well.

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/s...c001812f0.html

Call the Sheriffs dept there and they’ll tell you it’s a well known area for cranksters breaking into cars. But hey, it’s your car. Knock yourself out if you feel it’s worth fishing there.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

I have also fished the north fork of the moke for many years and have not had any problems, yet. And yes I just accept that as a risk no matter where I park and fish/hike these days. I do try to make my truck as unappealing as possible and I’m sure that one day my luck will run out. My local fishing access has this sign posted and gives me a chuckle every time I park there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62A3720E-4A86-49D7-9264-0FD98C8CD0F4.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	14322
    But let’s be honest you don’t have to park on a deserted road to have tweakers bust into your vehicle, it can happen in your own front yard.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/ove...ern-ada-county

Cheers.