Thread: Carson River--Hope Valley, CA

Default Carson River--Hope Valley, CA

Greetings:

One of my favorite areas in the CA Sierras is the Alpine region accessible by Highway 88 heading east from Highway 49. The Hope Valley, which lies on the easter slopes of the Sierras sporting the Carson River, it is a special area for me because of its beauty in the summer and fall. I enjoy fishing the entire area of the Carson from the souther tip of the valley toward Blue Lakes to Highway 89. The Beaver Dams on the Carson River in the southern portion of the valley provide some deep water for larger Browns and Rainbows.

The river is somewhat shallow in this image but Trout are smart, they hunker under the undercut banks waiting for food to drift by and when hooked, provide some quick action. To the far right corner of this image and about 15 miles is Lake Tahoe.

Enjoy

Don

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WEST CARSON RIVER-HOPE VALLEY  07-14-18.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	14263

Beautiful shot, Don. Hope Valley is very scenic. Classic western mountain valley. What season is that shot? The grass looks like it is fall but there also looks like there is snow on the mountains. What software do you use for editing?

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    Beautiful shot, Don. Hope Valley is very scenic. Classic western mountain valley. What season is that shot? The grass looks like it is fall but there also looks like there is snow on the mountains. What software do you use for editing?

John:

Thanks for stopping by and your remarks.

I believe that shot was in June, surprising how long the snow lasts on the east side of the Sierra when most of it is gone on the west. As for the editing software, I use several different ones Adobe CS4 and Adobe Lightroom depending on what I am doing. This particular image was edited from a RAW file with Adobe Lightroom 4. Camera: Nikon D3 W/ Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8.

Don