Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Spear Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by JCam View Post
    Nahh I leave the banning to the whambulance drivers.
    Interesting to lean that you believe you have omniscience over who and how individuals poach.
    If you only knew a thing or two about poaching or poachers.

And leaving banning to cry babies I guess is what people that don’t give a crap say. Tell that to the sturgeon in the danube river over in Europe. There is a ban on catching or fishing for any. The part I can say you are right about it that even laws don’t keep assholes from poaching! Point about banning spear guys is simple, keep them from showing up in waters where there are year around fish illegal to take by spear fishing. Again I guess the ocean is not big enough.

I have personally seen fishing and wild life cases in court. And they don’t even care! If they did they would not just put a slap on the hand to offenders less people would be doing it. One case I know of is a sturgeon poacher that got a lifetime ban on fishing! I guess some don’t understand that fishing is a privilege not a right. If it where free for all there would be nothing left.

And one would say how do I say such things..... well simple; all of the papers from the past that I have dug up shows what over fishing does. From commercial down to the small time fisherman.

So by your opinions let’s let them have access to spear on a regular. What difference does it make. No big deal there are millions of fish. Nothing to worry about. Science is simple and it shows that we are jacking up quite a bit!
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Quote Originally Posted by winxp_man View Post

And leaving banning to cry babies I guess is what people that don’t give a crap say. Tell that to the sturgeon in the danube river over in Europe. There is a ban on catching or fishing for any. The part I can say you are right about it that even laws don’t keep assholes from poaching! Point about banning spear guys is simple, keep them from showing up in waters where there are year around fish illegal to take by spear fishing. Again I guess the ocean is not big enough.

I have personally seen fishing and wild life cases in court. And they don’t even care! If they did they would not just put a slap on the hand to offenders less people would be doing it. One case I know of is a sturgeon poacher that got a lifetime ban on fishing! I guess some don’t understand that fishing is a privilege not a right. If it where free for all there would be nothing left.

And one would say how do I say such things..... well simple; all of the papers from the past that I have dug up shows what over fishing does. From commercial down to the small time fisherman.

So by your opinions let’s let them have access to spear on a regular. What difference does it make. No big deal there are millions of fish. Nothing to worry about. Science is simple and it shows that we are jacking up quite a bit!

Well, follow your own preaching first and stop fishing. I’m sure fish you’ve released died not too long after the release. Lead by example instead of telling everyone else what to do.

So you argument is that because they don't enforce the old laws, we need more new laws?

Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    Well, follow your own preaching first and stop fishing. I’m sure fish you’ve released died not too long after the release. Lead by example instead of telling everyone else what to do.
    I don’t need to talk about my own fishing ethics. Others can speak for me and a few members on this forum. I heard a couple of friends even find is funny how fast I reel in a fish. I can tell you with the up most certainty that I have not released fish and had them die. But nice try.
    Aron-

Quote Originally Posted by JCam View Post
    So you argument is that because they don't enforce the old laws, we need more new laws?
    The fact that it’s open to spear guys makes it a liability for temptation! And a spear guy in clear water will take down fish with a way higher success rate over gear guy. I wonder how many that we dont know are taken? Thus you end up with what you see in the link I posted. And once again is the ocean not big enough for spear guys? The need to basically hunt in a aquarium sized CLEAR river is that big of a must?
    Aron-

Whew....rough thread.

Think I'm gonna go roll one up.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by EricO View Post
    Whew....rough thread.

Think I'm gonna go roll one up.
    Be careful someone might advocate banning it.

The fact that it’s open to spear guys makes it a liability for temptation! And a spear guy in clear water will take down fish with a way higher success rate over gear guy. I wonder how many that we dont know are taken? Thus you end up with what you see in the link I posted. And once again is the ocean not big enough for spear guys? The need to basically hunt in a aquarium sized CLEAR river is that big of a must?
    I am not sure why you capitalized clear.... Do you want people shooting spears in opaque water ?
    Slow down and listen to your reasoning. You claim you know what happens as if you are an expert then you say you dont know how many are taken. Maybe, just maybe you should stop advocating banning things you are so openly ignorant of.

I do believe this lil piece of water has been flogged to to point of absurdity. Perhaps it’s time to just let it rest a bit?
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

I don’t need to talk about my own fishing ethics. Others can speak for me and a few members on this forum. I heard a couple of friends even find is funny how fast I reel in a fish. I can tell you with the up most certainty that I have not released fish and had them die. But nice try.
    So I’m to believe every fish you’ve ever released didn’t die? I guess you keep in touch with all your fish? Wonder what type of service fish use to contact you? And what credentials do others and people on this forum have to make me believe your ethics and fish releasing abilities are “legendary”? The way you criticize people makes me think very little of your ethics. You need to come off your high horse. You’re a legend in your own mind.