Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truckee, CA.

20180727_101621[1] by James Landis, on Flickr

Nocturnal Short-wing Stones are out...........

Hope you all are getting out! Summer is over halfway done..........grass is turning golden.
    Many people are on the water, but the fish are holding their own.......
    You see two approaches mainly.....those who just show up with no idea except that the fish are in the river.....
    Then, there are those who have thought about it a bit. I have noticed a difference in the outcomes of the two styles......
    One tends to move a bit, while the other parks on a hole for an hour....generally, if you don't get a fish to play in a couple drifts, it might mean they know you are there. Put a little sneak on...it helps.
    Use more weight than almost everywhere else. I rock 2-3 ABs to start.........a longer stick is nice for a better drift.
    It seems what the fish here respect the most is a good drift. Make it so.........bubbles are good.......

Did I mention hoppers? Afternoon breezy conditions.
    PMDs, Infrequines, Baetis......
    Caddis are coming on strong.......
    There is a possibility.........of a big Golden stone flying.....at mid-day.......one might try a Stoned. Dry.....and a (fill in the blank) dropper......
    We are in a Hoot owl Closure, 67-68 deg at dark.
    I've stopped fishing evenings....
    Wouldn't want to harm our fishery, just to brag about how I railed on them.........we might like some fish this winter...when it's good......
    Dawn is a good time to go see fish.........biggies going off the night shift....they have had 10 hrs off....from anglers....
    It's really time to keep them wet.....even in the water the amount of dissolved Oxygen is low for them to recover.
    You can tell when the water is too warm for the fish..........lots of people in inner-tubes.....
    Treat them really nice.......

Jim
    Last edited by bigfly; 07-28-2018 at 08:38 AM.