Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N. Umpqua

So it is still illegal in the summer camp waters and would be the same as using bait. No judgment on how people fish as long as it is legal and in the spirit of the law.

Russell

Again, a sink tip is legal, but weighted flies, split shot, indicators and other attachments to the line are not. October 1st, weighted flies are again legal. I find the distinctions are a bit nebulous at times, but all in all it seems that they are helpful in terms of easing some of the intense angler pressure, and also minimizing conflicts between anglers. While I don’t pass judgement easily, and I certainly have fished sink tips at times, I actually would be in favor of banning the use of tips between (at least) Mott bridge and the falls during the summer months. I’d favor such rules purely to reduce the angler impact during the busy summer months, and it would likely keep the fish just a bit more grab happy in general. In the meantime, there certainly are some runs that really do fish well with a sink tip, and I’ve found that I have just as good a shot at getting skunked either way.
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

I received an email from a friend in Roseburg stating that the State Game Commission on 8/02 declared an emergency regulations for the N. Umpqua. Starting Monday 8/06 fishing will stop daily at 2pm and this afternoon closure will last until 10/01/2018. This is because of low water and higher than normal water temps.
    DS

Back from our Yellowstone Trek and I can definitely say that I saw some of the best that our country has to offer! Our first 4 nights were spent in two of the prettiest campgrounds that I have ever seen. Patrick Creek on the Smith River was breathtaking. We only stayed there for one evening but that place set a pretty high bar! We made it to Susan Creek on the NU the next day and again, were taken aback by the beauty! I would not hesitate to stay in either of these two places again. I can confirm that the fishing was tough. One smolt to hand in three mornings. But as someone stated earlier, there may not be a finer place to get skunked. Enjoyed a great lunch at the Steamboat Inn. Dinner the next night wasn't as good. B ut you can't beat that view. We did two waterfall hikes and loved them both. Susan Creek Falls and Toketee Falls. Check them out. Tried to find Lee's Pool but failed on that pursuit. Rock Creek Hatchery was a good visit. Bottom line. I can't wait to go back!

Thanks again to all who chimed in with advice. Tight lines!

Jay