Thread: Long Time No Post - suggestions on fishing locations

Default Long Time No Post - suggestions on fishing locations

Long time no post. I recently spoke with Bill Kiene and he told me that this message board, the same board where I spent so much time posting many years ago was still going strong. This news pleased me very much.

Unfortunately, due to life changes, such as working outside of the fly fishing industry and marriage, I have not been fishing much lately. I will, however, be fishing and camping for three days this coming weekend with my father. I am hoping to find a nice small lake or reservoir that is perfect for float tubing and hopefully has a nice stream or river within a short trip in a car.

Since his wading abilities are decreasing with age, albeit he is still quite moderately mobile, I am hoping to get him out in a float tube. I am currently thinking about fishing the Milton Reservoir area since Jackson Meadows Reservoir and Webber Lake are also nearby. I was also thinking to fish the Middle Fork of the Yuba if we feel like doing some stream fishing. If anybody has alternatives suggestions I am open to hearing them. Feel free to PM me if you are shy to disclose any "secret spots".

I hope that you all are doing well and fishing as much as you can.

Sincerely,

Adam Grace
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Welcome back Adam....

Looking forward to some of your excellent photos and posts.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Adam-
    Have fun but bring the bug dope!! Over this past week the wind howled and the dust blew over Webber Pass. We cussed the wind until it died, then tornadoes of mosquitos rose from the bushes. Our extraordinarily wet spring apparently created the perfect habitat for mosquitos this year.

Hey Adam, I was going to suggest to try fishing some water. Hope you and your dad have fun. I got 4 bones yesterday, Mems.
    Don Memmer

Sorry for the thread hijack...
    Ralph I sent you a pm for the brain dump on the fishing. If you don't mind I'm looking for the skinny from a fly fishers. I have decent reports from the gear guys but not much from fly fishers. As you know we/DFW changed up the type of fish in there...
    Thanks!!

Hey John-
    I didn't find anything in the mailbox. My email is ralphcutter@icloud.com. The old "flyline.com" is inactive. Feel free to PM me any time. I can't give you any feedback re: the Webber Lake fishery because due to wind and mosquitoes we tucked tail and fished elsewhere. We do have a few nights reserved at your campground mid July. Hopefully we can get you some better insight then. BTW we were pleasantly surprised/pleased that Ken and Joan are still there