Thread: Baffin Bay, Texas

Default Baffin Bay, Texas

Just booked a spot at Seawind RV Resort, riviera, Texas for November thru mid-March. Walking distance to Baffin Bay and what's reputed to be some of the best Speckled Trout, Reds and Flounder fishing on the gulf coast. Anybody on here have any experience in the area. I'm taking my Scadden Navigator to use as a wading safety device, someplace I can sit down when tired. It's not so good for long paddles but something to grab on to if I step in a hole or some mud. Supposed to be breezy most of the time so I'm taking spinning and casting gear as well as an 8 & 6wt. Not sure at all about good flies.

Any advise is welcome! To expensive to hire a guide in that area some I'm going in blind.

I will be out on South Padre Island the last week of June. I can provide you with my assessment and some insight after my visit albeit outside your time frame. I am curious as well to the prospect of this area. Sight fishing is supposed to be excellent. Hopefully, my old nemesis, wind, is not a factor and my eyes don't fail me.

Would appreciate ANY info gitt! I've checked out utube and looks to me like that area could be a real Hoot. I'm counting on there being a breeze most of the time hence the spinning and casting back-up gear. I'll be about 75-100 miles up from SPI but sounds like the fishing is real similar. I'm hoping to get to South Padre several times this winter to fish those jettys. That's where the big boys swim according to the internet.

Good luck!!!