See you there
    jay
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

Jay, like others mentioned here, I would go with WordPress. This is what we used on previous kiene.com websites and a slew of others. If you are not technically savvy yourself, get some help to set it up, spend an hour or so training on how to update it, and then you have one of the most powerful and supported platforms available today. Since it is the most popular, there are many plug-ins that exist for just about anything you can imagine doing.

* So do some research on WordPress.
    * Look at pre-made templates: These are paid: https://www.templatemonster.com/wordpress-themes.php and there are many free templates available too.
    * If needed, get some help to setup
    * Once setup, sites are simple to maintain.
    * You can set the site to auto-update for security patches.
    *WordPress is free, your only expense is your hosting service, most likely around $5-10 a month.

I did Bill's sites for years, another fly shop up in Montana, a handful of guides, and many non fly fishing related sites.
    I am a Web Developer for Sutter Health now, and did the same for Intel Corporation for a number of years. Hit me up if you have any questions.

*Edit to add that the current https://kienesflyshop.com/ website is still WordPress, but I did not do this version. When Gary took over, he had his own web folks and I bowed out gracefully and remain on good terms with all parties.

** Another note is that your content is the most important part of a website. You can have the best web developer in the world and without good compelling content, your website will still be bad. You should have a clear idea of what you want your website to do for you and an abundance of pictures and text to support that. A web person can help you organize and present your content.

My 2 cents and some food for thought!
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Thanks Greg......

*Without Greg there would be no "Bill Kiene's Fly Fishing Form".
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks for the info. I'll check out Wordpress. All I want is for my new web site to show and advertise the flys I'll be selling. Also, advertising a few of my destination trips to the tropics. I have 1,000's of photo I could add to the topics.
    A few years back when Apple had their program for building web sites, it was easy to follow but for me it was a pain in the butt, but over time, I understood what I was doing then they discontinued the program. Then I went to GoDaddy and they really started digging into my pockets.
    Thanks again and I will study WordPress. Have you ever played with WIX.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

Wordpress is my suggestion too. Talk to Al Q. He has used it with success. https://alquattrocchi.wordpress.com/
    q

I find it useful to be able to transfer your domain. My site was so slow when loading that I was losing money. I mean, it's a shame not to make money out of it. This is the main reason we create a site anyway. I was lucky enough to find an agency to make sure that I had enough organic visitors to my site daily. It's one of the hardest things not to get enough traffic to justify the ads you are looking for. Luckily, I was able to get a web traffic agency that guaranteed me over 10,000 visitors per month without spending too much.
    Last edited by Sallymayorz; 06-14-2021 at 03:44 PM.

I think its good task for software developers by https://mlsdev.com. The right tools and language to allow the developers to quickly and easily create and maintain custom software development tools. When searching for a provider, be sure to ask how many programmers are on staff. The bigger the company, the more programmers it typically has on staff. The third element is experience. Many top software development companies hire new graduates on a full-time basis, allowing them to gain valuable experience in the industry while working their way up. The development process begins with the concept. This section explains the needs of the client, including what kind of software development process they want. If you have specific questions about the requirements of your project, keep in contact with the firm's development team. Most top custom software development companies take your needs and specifications very seriously. You will be working with a dedicated and knowledgeable team of developers who will be willing and able to work with you to make sure your needs are met within your budget and timeline.
    Last edited by kevins; 06-26-2021 at 06:22 AM.