Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Site Host

Default Web Site Host

Hey group, I'm looking into changing my web site host. I want a DIY web host to where I can make my own changes when I need to. After next year, I will be going back to my old name of Flies Unlimited.
    Now it's listed under Flies Unlimited/ Murakoshi's Fly Fishing Adventures.

I'm kinda retiring from doing a lot of trips. After the 2019 season, my Baja trips will be a thing of the past. But I have something or some in the works who might want to take it over, not sure yet. As for me, after 26 years I'm leaving Baja, yep you heard it, leaving Baja. I'll miss it but I will take trips on my own to fish but no more groups. I plan on still doing a few trips to Christmas Island, Belize and hopefully Aitutaki.

Anyway, I got off the subject. I want to design and run my own web site going back to my old days when I started in 1972 of selling flies. When I bought my first iMac, Apple at the time had a program for designing and doing your own web site, then they dropped it. I've heard that there is an Adobe program that will let you DIY.

To all you computer guys out there, it's this a program that you've heard of, is it complicated.

Now that I'm confused, I think it's time to quit talking and get some advise - good or bad

Thanks

Jay

Look at https://www.weebly.com/
    Free site hosting and web design software.

Jon

Thanks for the info. All I have to do now is figure out all the technical stuff. Like getting my domain transferred from one company to the new one.

Use any host you want & use Wordpress to design your site. Simple to learn, lots of tutorials, & plenty of free templets on the web if you don't want to design your own.

Hi Jay,

I use Squarespace. They're not the cheapest but they make it easy--especially the domain name transfer. It took about an hour to create my page.

Hope that helps.

-Max

Max,
    What's the link to your site. I'd like to look at it.

Tony,
    I've read a lot of reviews and quite a few are negative, especially trying to get a hold of them, all emails and no phone calls

Jon,
    Have you used weebly

Quote Originally Posted by Baja Fly Fisher View Post
    Max,
    Here you go: www.maxf.ink

FYI The video is hosted on Vimeo.

I think they do a free 30 day trial so you can play around with the templates.

Max,

Tony,
    I've read a lot of reviews and quite a few are negative, especially trying to get a hold of them, all emails and no phone calls

Jon,
    Have you used weebly
    Sorry, was in Mammoth for a week so just saw this

Yes I have
    https://buzzflyrods.weebly.com/sage-...-4-weight.html

Just did not finish setting it all up but it does work.

Pete uses weebly as well with the template that he used it looks really nice
    http://www.renaissanceflyrods.com/

Hope this helps
    Jon

Wordpress is considered the go-to I think, but it had too much functionality for me. So I went with Wix which is more template driven. But if you’re a computer or design guy you might want to start with
    Wordpress.

Default website

Hey group, I'm looking into changing my web site host. I want a DIY web host to where I can make my own changes when I need to. After next year, I will be going back to my old name of Flies Unlimited.
    Now it's listed under Flies Unlimited/ Murakoshi's Fly Fishing Adventures.
    I'm kinda retiring from doing a lot of trips. After the 2019 season, my baja trips will be a thing of the past. But I have something or some in the works who might want to take it over, not sure yet. As for me, after 26 years I'm leaving Baja, yep you heard it, leaving Baja. I'll miss it but I will take trips on my own to fish but no more groups. I plan on still doing a few trips to Christmas Island, Belize and hopefully Aitutaki.
    Anyway, I got off the subject. I want to design and run my own web site going back to my old days when I started in 1972 of selling flies. When I bought my first iMac, Apple at the time had a program for designing and doing your own web site, then they dropped it. I've heard that there is an Adobe program that will let you DIY.
    To all you computer guys out there, it's this a program that you've heard of, is it complicated.

Now that I'm confused, I think it's time to quit talking and get some advise - good or bad

Thanks

Jay

Jay,

Check out my site. It's Yahoo. It's easy to do and you can add a store like me. It cost about $40 a month. Not bad.

Take a look.

At the show if you want me to show you it I will. Let me know. I will be there and I am staying at the Double Tree as normal.

Thanks
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com