Thread: Fly & conventional on the AR

Default Fly & conventional on the AR

I am not a purest fly guy but I have been enjoying myself the last month getting back into sync with my fly rods. The problem is I have been getting crowded out by conventional guys fishing the American. Mainly down at Harrington access and last year at Sunrise. So my question is where do you go to get away from the conventional guys because you or at least I need more room when I am fly fishing. Not looking for any secret spots just areas I can check out that gives me more room to cast??

Last year I would switch from my fly rod to my spinning rod just so I could continue fishing and not “catch” another person in my back cast.

It's a challenge for sure, last night a buddy and I were spey casting and we were mixed up w/ the gear guys a few times thanks to their long drift habits. I also had a guy fighting a fish in my feet while I was hooked up which caused me to lose my fish. Fortunately I caught plenty so it was not a big deal.

Nice thing was we outfished the gear guys by quite a wide margin, they had probably 20 rods in the water to our 2, and we probably caught as many fish across our two rods in the time we were there.

Shad fishing is all about shoulder to shoulder action unless your willing to hike. Just got go for a hike and find open water, it is all over the place, just gotta look, main problem is it changes from day to day. So what was good today, might not be good tomorrow.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>