Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 wheeling into the back country.....video.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    Thanks wineslob.....

We had an old friend who had a small boat on top of his Jeep CJ5 that he took into some high lakes and did very well.

I have a VW air cooled dune buggy but am very close to buying a CJ5.

Maybe some day we can have a summer 4x4 high country camping/fishing/float tubing trip through the message board where people

only need a 4x4 SUV or Pickup to get back in somewhere to a good fly fishing lake?

What Jeep do you have?

Anyone else have a Jeep or off road 4x4?

I've got a 95 Wrangler with mentioned lift(s) 33" tires, a Terra Low 4:1 conversion in the transfer case (I found out the hard way how much you need one) and an Aussie Locker in the rear end. My wife swears I love it more than her.
    I recently finished building a high clearance trailer out of a late 20's to early 30's Dodge truck bed. It's got the 30" tires and rims that came on the Jeep when I bought it so I can haul more stuff than the Jeep can hold.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nellie - Copy.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	14162

Getting lockers and beadlocks this week
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>