Thread: Videos: Foothill Topwater & Clear Lake Crappie

Default Videos: Foothill Topwater & Clear Lake Crappie

I'm finally following through with my goal of getting some videos going. And I just got some camera equipment in the mail that will make my filming allot easier, so I feel a little committed to keep at this. I'd like to do some tutorial type videos in the future.

Here's two I just published today. Topwater footage was filmed a few days ago and the crappie trip was last week.

Foothill Topwater
    https://youtu.be/GZx7oAVHd04

Clear Lake Crappie
    https://youtu.be/rx1NgLp6kIs

Really awesome, looks super fun, nice work.

Wow Ryan......that bass video was unreal. You could be famous with that combined skill.

Your casting is excellent too.

Threadfin Shad? Must be in the Lake Almanor / Oroville Lake / Feather River drainage?

Those bass are colorful and super healthy.

Maybe do an educational video on top water bass fly fishing with tackle, leader, fly recommendations?

I like your boat too....what is it?

This is exactly my favorite type of fishing.......thanks.

Ryan Williams

http://www.flyfishcnv.com/guide-service.html
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I have know about the Crappie, Bass and Carp fishing in Clear Lake, California for over 50 years and have driven by there a ton but never fished it.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks Tom! And real good stuff to hear Bill! Thank you very much. This lake is more apart of the Yuba drainage as far as I know. Topwater on Lake Oroville can be REALLY good though. Throughout the whole summer, and throughout entire days many times.

I'm definitely going to do an educational video on topwater in reservoirs specifically. I now have microphones so that will able me to get audio on the water. So now I can have some fun with educational videos. One video I'm looking forward to making in particular is how to target these fish from the bank. Tons of great bass water around here and I want to help expand everyone's options, boat or no boat.

As for my boat though, it's a 1999 Javenlin 17.5' with a 2000 evinrude 90 horse 2 stroke. They don't make Javelin boats anymore. I sold my jet boat for it now that I'm living next to Lake Oroville. I've got it pretty dialed for fly fishing, and it's about to be completely finished real soon.

And I drove past Clear Lake quite a few times without fishing it too, before I knew it's potential. Would be allot harder to do that now. Ancient lake where everything is big, even the birds and bait. I'll get some real good videos going once I get the topwater out there dialed!

Love the videos Ryan. You Rock.
    Gregg

Thanks Gregg! The good feedback means allot!

Ryan; the Clear Lake choice is valid any time of year. Different periods offer a different target species. As you have video'd elsewhere, the topwater bass/ shad bite is on tap soon. The panfish are also strong now as well; and crappie are there but in different locations and depths. A timely video touting the July/August/Sept bite couldn't hurt.

Right on buddy keep up the good work.

You got Scott completely hooked on the float and fly now, he has been crushing it.

Great to watch those vid's getting me pumped to get back out on the water.

Dave, been a while since I've been on the board. Sorry for the late response here. Thanks for the good feedback, and I'm stoked to hear Scott is still hammering down on the float & fly! Really good stuff to hear. And I hope you've been out plenty since this message!

McFish, I would like to do a video on Clear Lake bass in the late summer. Hopefully I'll be able to get some decent footage this year. It's just hard for me to film on every trip because I'm usually focused on either scouting or guiding out there. But I'll get one sooner or later.