Thread: Pyramid

Default Pyramid

I agree, it's been a tough year! The high water levels? Who knows. The fish just aren't there. Maybe May will be the Prime month. Certainly there has been a lack of comment about this from the pros.
    I will hit it again in May and let you know.
    Heard this “You can't catch fish sitting on the couch”

I went for the first time Tuesday and Wednesday. Have to say its a big lake and intimidating to look at for a newbie. I fished Pelican both days. The first day I was next to a fisherman who was working the water with everything he had. He switched from one fly to another, switched from fly pole to conventional rigging. He took some time off during the midday and came back to work the same piece of water for the rest of the day. He caught mostly smaller fish but did get one that looked to be over 5 pounds. In all he must have hooked and landed six or seven fish. His secret was putting in the time and effort. He wore me out watching him

It has been a tougher year out at the lake. The much needed water has made the lake rise a tremendous amount. That has made it tougher to get to some of the drop offs. So getting your flies into the zone isnt as easy as it has been the last few years. The lake hasn't really "turned on" either. There have been good days and bad days and some so so days. The fish have been a tad pickier than the previous years with all the added pressure as well. If you put your time in you will have a decent day. I fished Sat for a couple hours and went 2 for 3. Sunday I fished about 7 hours and landed 10 or so and missed quite a few. Fish are eating midges. The ones you can say aren't generally the ones eating.