Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Jeff's 2018 AR Shad Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Dead during the day today. Only got one but did land a wild halfpounder. Went back this evening and there were only 3 other anglers. End up with 10. Looks like the run is dying out fast. Hope I make my goal!.

The guy to your left seemed to be doing well this evening...
    Was he a bobber guy? or a fly fisher?
    Across the way from ya, I landed stripers #124-#128 *since April 1, 2018
    You inspired me to keep count this year.
    I'll let you know how it ends on December 1 when I'm done fishing for 'em.
    Are you trying to surpass Tony's 2000 shad mark? and how close are you? 1800 was last I heard and that was about 120 fish ago right?
    Are you seeing much broken glass in the lot this year?
    I'll come over and say hi to you and Earle if you're around this weekend.

That was Tony below me. I need 44 more to beat his record. I think it’s going to be close. Yes, I’ve seen lots of fresh broken glass at all of the access parking this summer and it is only going to get worst. I’ll see you on the river!
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 07-20-2018 at 12:23 AM.

That was Tony below me. I need 44 more to beat Tony’s record. Yes, I’ve seen lots of fresh broken glass at all of the accesses
    Good seeing ya the other day Jeff. I think your red headlight is the ticket to hit your goal!

That was Tony below me. I need 44 more to beat his record. I think it’s going to be close. Yes, I’ve seen lots of fresh broken glass at all of the access parking this summer and it is only going to get worst. I’ll see you on the river!
    Jeff... Your casting is an absolute thing of beauty to watch I gotta say... so next time I bump in to ya, instead of trying to recognize you by your hat or even just recognize you (LOL), I'll watch you lay that line out across the water... and I'll KNOW it's you

Nice to see you and your Dad Peter. Besides the Red Headlight for low light, it’s hard to beat the Maria and Earle’s Ronald McDonald.

I tell you what, Jeff... Seeing you in that run all by yourself today seemed almost impossible. Hopefully you got into some fish! I hope my motor didn't put them down for you.

Gary before you went by I found a bucket and got into double digits. It went dead before you went by. Went back this evening and only got 3. I broke the 2K mark today but I need 24 more to get to my ultimate goal. The way it’s slowing down I don’t known if I’ll make it!

Gary before you went by I found a bucket and got into double digits. It went dead before you went by. Went back this evening and only got 3. I broke the 2K mark today but I need 24 more to get to my ultimate goal. The way it’s slowing down I don’t known if I’ll make it!
    I had one of my best striper fishing days in this lifetime on the AR today and I also got checked by 2 game wardens at around 4PM. Did you see them on your side of the river? Wardens; Trunnell and Simmons... I was both surprised and happy to see them out doing their jobs. They asked me if I'd seen anyone else and I told them that most likely the only anglers would be fly guys chasing shad and the likelihood of them using a barbed hook would be remote...

I didn’t see them but it’s great to see that they are out there. Salmon bring out the worst!

Glad to hear I didn't put your fish down. I do my best to give shore anglers as much room as possible. I'm sure you'll be able to scrounge up that many more shad.