Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff's 2018 AR Shad Reports

Captain Andy Guibord is finishing up the Shad season and starting the summer Striper season on the Lower American River.

https://andyguibord.wordpress.com/guiding-instruction/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Fished mid day and this evening. There were 9 anglers out this evening including Aron and Pvillar (nice to meet you Peter). Got into double digits and broke the 1800 mark and my 2012 record!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Fished mid day and this evening. There were 9 anglers out this evening including Aron and Pvillar (nice to meet you Peter). Got into double digits and broke the 1800 mark and my 2012 record!
    Nice to meet you too Jeff. It was definitely a fun night!

Fished mid day and it was very slow only getting a few. Hope it’s better this evening!

Slow evening for me. Got pinned in by gear guys so Aron and I could not get into the sweet spot. Broke my Method switch again after getting back less than a week ago. Good thing that there are other rods to use!
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 07-13-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Aron switched to an intermediate tip and a Red Headlight style fly and got 15 in 30 minutes after I left!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Slow evening for me. Got pinned in by gear guys so Aron and I could not get into the sweet spot. Broke my Method switch again after getting back less than a week ago. Good thing that there are other rods to use!
    Sorry to hear about your rod Jeff. But by the way you have been fishing lately, you could probably still pull double digits with a tree branch at this rate.

Broken rods are expected during the shad run. One year I broke every TCX (4) I had and a couple twice. Fished mid day and the bite was better than yesterday because of the overcast. When the sun came out it shut down. Went on a short float with Earle and his daughter Sierra and we got over 40 shad to the boat.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 07-13-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Fished this morning and didn’t get a bump for a couple of hours. I was ready to hang it up but found a small bucket and got a handful. The bobber guys took up most of the run and were lobbing their grenades across 3/4 of the river.

Short float with Earle this evening resulted in almost 50 to the boat. Earle out fished me 2:1. Don’t get the impression that it’s red hot, we struggled until the last hour of light. There were no other boats except for one aluminum skiff.