Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff's 2018 AR Shad Reports

Bill, I’ve never tried at 0 dark 30 but I know people who have and it’s a coin toss on the out come.

Jeff,

Do you fish from the boat or wade when floating the river?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Both but during shad it’s mostly from the boat. During SH it’s both!
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 06-18-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Typical day, good at first and then a grind until it went dead in the afternoon. Quite a few anglers out early but not much catching for most. Got into double digits but had to move to another spot to make my daily average.

Same story as yesterday, good at first and lots of anglers with some catching fish. Then it went dead after lunch. Caught some spawned out hens and some fresh ones. Still ended up with a couple dozen. It should be the peak of the run but it might be on a downward slope. We’ll see if they are still around after the next full moon at the end of the month.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 06-19-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Really a tough day for fishing. Got to the river at 7:30 am and there were quite a few anglers and only a few catching. It was so slow that by 1 pm it was a ghost town with only a handful of diehards sticking it out. Got over 20 and left. All of the hens I caught were spawned out. Went on a short float with Earle and his daughter Sierra this evening and it was dead slow but we managed to get 25 to the boat. There some fresh hens so all is not lost!

Had the slowest day since beginning of the run, didn't even get into double digits. 10 anglers out his morning as far as I could see with half of them bobbers guys. The bobber guys below me were slaying 'em. All the hens I caught were spawned out. Broke the 1400 mark yesterday!
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 06-22-2018 at 07:52 AM.

Fished this morning and there were a dozen gear/bobber guys in sight. By noon there was only one besides me. Fishing was slow but I managed to get into double digits. The fly that worked was Lee Soares Surf Candy! Floated with Earle this evening and fishing was slow but we got almost 40 to the boat. Bankers were hooking up once the sun got off the water but it was still not red hot.

Jeff,
    You are a machine! I so do love reading your on going reports. Keep up the fantastic work.......work? Wrong word, but anyway.
    .....lee s.

Brutally slow today. Only 2 and 3 LDRs. Fished 3 different spots and there was only a handful of anglers at the first spot and no one else at the other two. Landed a 20” hen that would have weighed 5 lbs but it was spawned out and skinny so it was only 4 lbs.