Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Float Tube

Default Float Tube

OK, you guys who use a float tube. Since I sold my pram (bad move ) I'm looking to get a float tube.

I've been looking on line at the Outcast Fish Cat 5 max and the Fat Cat LCS. What is the difference between the two. I'm assuming all u-boat type of float tubes use individual blatters. How is the outside skin. Are they nylon or the rubberize coating.

I've also been looking at a kayak that's on sale right now. It's a Wilderness 130. Looks wide and stable but not sure if I would be comfortable using that paddle. I'm sure it wouldn't be too good on my bad shoulder. The store is going out of business so right now it's priced at $1050 will could go low in the next week or so. The draw back, it weighs 68lbs. I'm sure I would put the kayak through a side window on my jeep when lifting it to place it in the racks.

No stores around here sell any float tubes. Although Sportsman Warehouse has a couple of Caddis hanging on the wall.

Need some feed back on the Outcast

Thanks . Jay

Call Andy at the shop......I think he is really up on what is available and popular.

I think he likes these bigger U-boats with oars.

http://www.outcastboats.com/frameles...h-pro-lime.asp
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Jay,

I went with the Fat Cat LCS. My reasoning is that it uses a better bladder, though only 1 cell, and has the dense foam seat. Less comfortable, but it should keep your head above water if there is a catastrophic failure. The Fat Cat LCS is not the most comfortable, or lightest tube out there, but it is a very solid performer.

Dan

I have 2 of those tubes I just sold and a wilderness135 I use to spearfish with, OCEAN only as it should be. I have a trailer to lug it around cause they are heavy. Imhop I’d go look at a hobie for the simple fact that you are hands free fishing. Some have reverse too which is nice. Now I bought a pram and will never go back to any of the above until I hit the ocean or float the American with ffriends. Just my 2

Yep, I'm kicking myself in the butt for selling my pram. I had a Honda 2hp 4 stroke plus a heavy duty trolling motor. I had just bought a new trailer then sold it. Stupid me. Oh well that's water under the bridge

I just bought a Aire Double Action hand pump by Outcast. It's brand new still in the bag. I paid $16.00.
    What's the old saying, buying the cart before the horse. YEP, that's me

What is the difference between an Outcast and Fat Cat Are they two different manufactures

Jay,

If you want your pram back I can sell it back to you. I had all these grand plans of slaying fish at Pyramid and San Luis, but haven't even had time to take it out. I mostly use my Scadden or my float tube. I think when I am ready I could always go out and get another pram. Give a call or send me a PM.

Thanks, but my wife likes an empty garage. I can't believe you haven't used it. I don't fish SL that much but still go to Los Banos Creek Res for bass and blue gill. Also used it at Eastman lake. A float tube is a lot lighter than the pram to move around. I've thought about a Scadden but too dang expensive for the amount of time I would use it

Jay,

I have been using a fish cat 4 deluxe and recently an older super fat cat. The bigger tube is actually lighter than the smaller one. If money was not an Object I would get Supercat. Www.supercat.us
    They are super light, very backpackable and if deflated takes very little space.

Good luck

Jet
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author