Thread: A couple of Pics from a Klamath trip last fall

Default A couple of Pics from a Klamath trip last fall

No fish pics in this one. Just a couple of Scenery Shots while attending the Jefferson Spey Sessions.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmgQ69yQ

It is a very long magnificent river.

Old Joe Shirshac took many of us Baby Boomers to the Klamath River in the 1960s and 1970s.

Men of the Greatest Generation were like uncles to us Baby Boomers, sharing their knowledge of hunting and fishing with us.

I hope we live long enough to see some of the dams removed.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hopefully those dams will come down as planned! It could be great again too if given the chance.

I was thinking about the returns we used to get on The Klamath, The Eel, and The Sacramento. Between the three we would get over 300,000 salmon returning back in the day. Now we're lucky if the three cough up maybe 50,000???

This is a pretty radical thought and maybe not the right solution. But, what if we sacrificed the Sacramento in order to save the Eel and the Klamath? Build the Sites Reservoir and not the tunnels. Maybe the Sac and the Delta could survive.... But get rid of the dams on the Eel along with the Klamath and, maybe, in 20 years or so we could get close to those historic runs again.....

We gotta do something. If we leave it to the politicians to figure out for us. We're SCREWED!

BB - Nice job on the photos and getting them posted. I have had my share of photo posting challenges. I like that first photo. The river winds around and disappears into the mist. I did not go to the Klamath this past season. Hopefully next year. So many rivers.

Nice, I also like that first one, also the last looking down the canyon.
    Take a look at my reply post in your original Photo post for stuff I noticed about flickr
    if you are interested.
    Don't want to hijack this thread.