Thread: Help with Uploading Pic's

Angry Help with Uploading Pic's

Help. Please. I watched the how-to video the Bill posted a while back and i still can't seem to upload my pictures. After I've selected the pictures I want and I hit upload, nothing happens. I tried to post through Flckr and the same thing happens, get to upload pictures and nothing happens after i hit upload. Any ideas as to what i am doing wrong?

Default Uploading photo's

I had the same problem trying to follow instructions to upload photo's from iphoto using a MacBookPro. A friend suggested that I place the photo on the desktop before trying to upload it. That worked. If you're using an Apple computer, maybe that'll work for you....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default too large a file?

I think if the photo is too big, that is the result you get. An upload that does not work but no message about it.

Try dropping photo to under 100K. Esp: if it is in the 1-3 MEG range.

The help on the board that says file size limits is wrong? I think they can be larger that it says.
    There was another post about this a while back that had the correct size limits in it.
    search around.

If you have the photos in flikr you should be able to paste the path into your post and the photo will show up as a full screen image. Imgur has the same function. It shows a path to copy for forum and message boards. Copy that and paste it into your post and you are done. You have to open an imgur account and upload to imgur but that is easy.

Thanks all. Steve i just saw your message, thank you for reaching out. I appreciate it. I do have a Flickr account and will try John's suggestion. I should be able to figure it out.

Cheers and Happy Easter.

Red face flickr stuff

Oh ya, this is the same topic forum as your other post, lost track of where I was at.

Flickr seems to suck a little. I am not signed in cause I do not have a yahoo account.

They seem to be adding a AD pic in the list at the bottom, and when they add the AD pic I lose one pic in the list.

They do drop the ad pic back out so I can page back to the masked pic but still kinda funny.

Also seem to put the ad pic in different spots in the four pic spread. going forward first time it was #3.

Going back it showed up again as #1.

First time thru I did not see the ad it was just a black screen I could not page past.

( No > showed )

Maybe the ad pic was just loading slow.

Anybody else see this stuff?

Am I imaging it?

Is it just accepted that that's the way Flickr works?

Am I just being too anal retentive? (don't answer that)

Bump, you can put the photo's right on the board easy once you get the hand of it, but they do have to be smaller with the resultant loss of resolution. Those flickr ones have great resolution (8 meg?).

I see I did not mention that all of the above is in the detail view, where you end up when you click on one of the photo's
    Also the missing advance arrow (>) at right side of screen seems to be how it works. gotta back up one photo to get past the advertisement.
    You can select a photo past the ad at the bottom (the thumbnails) and that deals with the missing advance arrow.
    Also not thrilled that in Flickr, anyone can download your photo's from the page. But I guess a lot of them work like that.
    I assume you had to make the photo's "public" to anyone on the board can see them
    Last edited by StevenB; 04-02-2018 at 08:07 AM. Reason: added a little

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    Oh ya, this is the same topic forum as your other post, lost track of where I was at.

Flickr seems to suck a little. I am not signed in cause I do not have a yahoo account.

They seem to be adding a AD pic in the list at the bottom, and when they add the AD pic I lose one pic in the list.

They do drop the ad pic back out so I can page back to the masked pic but still kinda funny.

Also seem to put the ad pic in different spots in the four pic spread. going forward first time it was #3.

Going back it showed up again as #1.

First time thru I did not see the ad it was just a black screen I could not page past.

( No > showed )

Maybe the ad pic was just loading slow.

Anybody else see this stuff?

Am I imaging it?

Is it just accepted that that's the way Flickr works?

Am I just being too anal retentive? (don't answer that)

Bump, you can put the photo's right on the board easy once you get the hand of it, but they do have to be smaller with the resultant loss of resolution. Those flickr ones have great resolution (8 meg?).

I see I did not mention that all of the above is in the detail view, where you end up when you click on one of the photo's
    Also the missing advance arrow (>) at right side of screen seems to be how it works. gotta back up one photo to get past the advertisement.
    You can select a photo past the ad at the bottom (the thumbnails) and that deals with the missing advance arrow.
    Also not thrilled that in Flickr, anyone can download your photo's from the page. But I guess a lot of them work like that.
    I assume you had to make the photo's "public" to anyone on the board can see them
    You guys are the best. I really appreciate the help. This community is awesome. Thank you Bill!

Right now we are trying to increase the size of the picture files we can upload.

Will keep you posted.....
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........