Thread: If you like floating on moving water...

Default If you like floating on moving water...

If you like moving water I hope you enjoy this (link below). Its a great time to fish the Applegate River in Southern OR. for winter steelhead. I fished it the last couple of days and unfortunately the rain increased along with the flows and the fish were not very grabby. One solid adult hookup/quick release and a few fish 10- 15" in two days of fishing. When this storm is over and the river level drops it should be a great time to chase steelhead. A friend and I were guided by my friend Jon Hazlett. Great fishing even though the catching was slow. This is a great later-season destination during Feb and March for any of you steelhead addicts. Switch rods and short speys in 5-6 weights are perfect. -JP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YrHn86cmxc
    Jeff Putnam
    JP Flyfishing Schools
    http://jpflyfishing.com

Hi Jeff - was thinking about heading up there soon. Heard it was fishing well. Never been up there myself.

A few questions:

Do people typically fish near the Rogue / Applegate confluence or up Applegate more toward the dam?

Public access is limited along the bank it seems like - float is probably best and I assume that's what you are doing?

Cheers
    Last edited by barbless.co; 03-16-2018 at 03:04 PM.
    Chad Alderson
    Co-host, Barbless Fly Fishing Podcast
    Creator, Barbless Leaders

I was fished it years ago. Beautiful little stream. Also heard the boat access was very limited and a bit confrontational. Gino told me they drop in across some debated properry.