Thread: Lefty Kreh has influenced many of us........

Default Lefty Kreh has influenced many of us........

One of the benefits of being in the fly fishing industry is some of the amazing people you meet.

I got to be on Christmas Island on a special industry trip put on by Sage Rod Company.

I did get to fish with Lefty one day which was wonderful.

He spent some of his day teaching our guide to cast better in difficult situations.

I got to go to dinner with him after one of the big sport shows in the San Mateo, California.

When he is around it is pretty cool.

One thing that happens is people keep coming over to tell him a "new" joke.

He always is able to finish every joke?

Here are some YouTube videos with Lefty:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y+kreh+videos+
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Lefty had a wonderful full life and I am sure he has no complaints.

He will be remembered forever as a great ambassador for the sport of fly fishing.

I was very fortunate to spend a little time with him.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I had the chance to spend some time with him on a couple of occasions, once as a kid and again as an adult.

He was humble, funny, and bigger than life - truly one of the great representatives of our sport, and one of the last of “the greatest generation”. He will be missed, and warmly remembered.

Very sad news! RIP Lefty and keep on fishing!

The world is a little duller, the stars are much brighter and the river Styx has a legend on its banks tonight, Mems.
    Don Memmer

The passing of Mr.Fly Fishing has reverberated around the world,and that he died on the same day as Professor Stephen Hawking is a double blow to human kind.Vale Lefty Kreh,you left us a wonderful legacy.

Default Lefty

Quote Originally Posted by dynaflow View Post
    The passing of Mr.Fly Fishing has reverberated around the world,and that he died on the same day as Professor Stephen Hawking is a double blow to human kind.Vale Lefty Kreh,you left us a wonderful legacy.
    It is with deepest regrets to make this announcement.

Dear friends,

I am sorry to relay sad information to all of you.

Bernard Victor Kreh “Lefty” passed away today in the presence of his family. He passed without pain. He told us multiple times during the worsening of his illness how lucky he was to have so many friends. During these last few weeks he was so sick and without energy that he was unable to respond to any emails and the many phone messages left for him. I can say this was a-great comfort to him.

There will be a celebration of his life in the upcoming weeks. We will update you when plans are made.

Lefty would want us to celebrate life and not mourn him.

During the course of the week that I’ve been here, one thing he kept mumbling was Spirit Springs, over and over. When I asked him, what or where that is, he simply replied, that’s where he’s going, to fishing heaven, to Spirit Springs.

He passed peacefully and with no pain. He was surrounded by family and loved ones.
    At the time of his death, a hard wind shook the house as if he was taking the winds home to my Grandma.

As he got me into photography, he once told me he had to carry a camera with him because you never know when something may take your breath away and you want to take it home for later.
    So on ending this, I know myself and all of you are going to look to the water now, and if you come to a spot where something takes your breath away, I’m going to feel his presence each time and take a photo. That way I can take a bit of the inspiration and his spirit back home with me.

Tight Lines, best wishes, and All The Best,

Sam and The Kreh Family

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial contributions be made to: Greater Baltimore Medical Center / Gilchrist hospice in honor of Lefty Kreh to Mail to: GBMC Philanthropy, 6701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21204; or online at Donate Now - GBMC HealthCare - Greater Baltimore Medical Center - Towson-Baltimore, MD (Under “Designation” choose “Other.” Then in the next field, type: “Lefty Kreh Memorial”); or call: 443-849-3303.