Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wading Boots for Hiking

Let us know how they work out. I am not familiar with this product.

Just got back from six one day hikes in the Trinity Alps. I hiked in the Chota Hybrid 800 wading/hiking boots with the Chota Caney Fork wading/portage socks. Round trip, I suppose I hiked a total of 30 miles...and crossed a number of shallow streams. I loved this setup...comfortable and no blisters. The boots are in great condition. They seem to be very well made.

As for the fishing, had a blast! Many dozens of wild brook trout and a couple of rainbows. But all fish were in the 6 to 11 inch range.

Thanks to all who helped me come to this purchase decision.

If you’re gearing up for a fall hike, the most important piece of gear you can buy is a good pair of shoes or boots. If you suffer blisters or a twisted ankle, it can ruin a day hike or wreck a backcountry trip. I visit places like https://perfectshoesforyou.com/best-...for-flat-feet/ to find my perfect pair. Not like I have a choice as I have flat feet, it's a bit different for me. When shopping for any outdoor gear, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the many choices available and the myriad technologies that manufacturers tout. With shoes and boots, it’s no different.

I have a pair of the Simms Flyweight wading boots. They are built specifically for hike/wading. I've worn them hiking into Yellowstone's back country and other Nat'l forests. They are outstanding. Very comfortable and durable.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

I was thinking of getting a pair of either the Simms Flyweight or the Orvis Ultralight boots. I was wondering if you were able to wear the Simms boots with your stocking foot waders?

I am still hiking a lot in my Chotas (earlier posts in this thread). I used them in the Trinity Alps in June, and in the Eastern Sierras in both July and late September. They have a lot of miles on them now. They have proven themselves to me. When the time comes to replace them, I will get the same shoe. I don't know how they compare with Simms or other wading boots, but they sure work for me.

Seems like I am too late to the party but my solution which I have used a lot is simms guard socks coupled with a pair of korker wading boots. I put regular soles on the boot to hike with and felt when I am fishing. I can walk all day in my wading boots with those socks no problem, no blisters and my felt soles don't get jacked up hiking.

To extend the life of hiking shoes, you must begin to care for them when they are still new. Read the shoe care instructions and always follow the manufacturer's recommendations. Usually, for a trip and hiking, I buy https://leather-toolkits.com/reviews...ther-polishes/ similar tools.