Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Miracle?

So would I....tonight it's to the local watering hole in downtown Roseville
    for some good hazy IPAs and sports on the big screen!

Pyramid...ya, done it once, not really my thing, but it was interesting to do once.

Good call on the IPA. Can't believe Arizona is out and Marshall beat Wichita. Gotta love March.

I've never fished pyramid and have no desire too. Just not my thing. I really don't like still waters unless its at 10-12k feet in the backcountry. Its probably very addicting because the folks that seem to get it into there blood love it. And overall its been a big boost to fishing economy in greater reno/Tahoe area. I have been told I need to do it 1x though.

It has been snowing all day over in this part of the Sierras at 5400' elevation. Really looks like winter. It's a White March right now.

Dick, good to hear. I know that area can get shadow from snow sometimes. At least WW should come into great condition by early Summer this year. (June) I like that freestone fishery I just don't fish it enough.

In central valley and foothills we are starting to approach 80% of normal rainfall for 2018 season. Crazy to think that after I was fishing in short sleeves in Feb.

Crazy #'s past week.

https://www.sierraattahoe.com/weather-snow-report/

I can tell you it is a miracle. The High Lakes are a "stones throw" from my place. Four weeks ago the wife and I decided to see "how far we could go". Well, we went past Philbrook Res. and all the way to the top of the road that leads to the High Lakes OHV. At that point we were able to walk through the 1-2 feet of snow and look down at Lotts Lake. Now it would be impossible, a GOOD thing.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

Quote Originally Posted by wineslob View Post
    At that point we were able to walk through the 1-2 feet of snow and look down at Lotts Lake.
    Hey Wineslob,

Not asking to give any "secrets" away but are there any fish left in Lotts ?

I fished it a couple of decades ago and we smashed the stunted large headed/small bodied brookies there.

I use to live in Magalia and Chico and fished at DeSabla a ton.
    Could we have crossed paths there ???

Just curious........................

Bob

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/a...w-12760408.php

We are looking so much better. Should be a great summer/fall. Plus we have this system which should drop 3-4 feet more above 8k. And lower level rivers in the foothills should get a good flush from this system.
    More important this is year 3 of the rebound from a horrible drought that impacted nearly every fishery in CA.

We have been getting rain since yesterday afternoon up here at the lake. Even at the top of Spooner last night it was still rain. Gonna be wet and sloppy the next few days. Snow up high possibly...then it gets real cold over the weekend. GOod for a nice hard snow pack if it drops down into the low teens like it's calling for. Then back into the 50's next week. Gotta love March!

Exactly 10 days ago I fished the Yuba and crossed three different places between the bridge and the UC property. Today it's flowing at about 20k cfs...

Its unbelievable out there today. Localized flooding everywhere. Its been along time since I've seen this sort of rain. Be careful out there especially in the foothills which can see 2-4 inches of rain today. Looks like snow levels about 8k this am but coming down to 6500 later in day. Truckee River should get up into the 3k levels. It will be fun to fish it on the down with a little color in a few days. March has truly been amazing.