Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Miracle?

Default March Miracle?

Thank goodness we are seeing some of that unfamiliar white stuff falling in our mountains. That high pressure that just seemed to live off the west coast from Jan-Feb is finally gone. I know winter is pretty toast but it would be nice to see 5-6 feet in March.

Going to be interesting with our reservoirs. My in-laws received a note from Folsom Lake where they have a slip saying that the lake could be at highest level of the season right now.... Yikes.

Here’s hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by hwchubb View Post
    Here’s hoping!
    Well storm door is finally open. Lets just hope we are measuring these systems in feet and not inches. Long term forecast looking promising.

Monday was the first day this winter I plowed the driveway, we had 3’ on the deck and we were running out of room to put the white stuff last. This year has been opposite. As I type the snow is falling steady and depending on which report you read, we should have 2’-3’ by Friday. We need it so badly, I hope the forecasters are correct.
    Bring it on Mother Nature, Bring it on!

Any DIY storm reports from Truckee, Eastside, West slope?

I am in the southeast right now and all the news coverage is focused on the storm in the NE USA and ignoring the west coast (but that is not unusual out here).

Hey PV,

Not much of an official report here but,

Here in North Carson City (4700 feet), we've got about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground.
    This mornings news claimed that I-80 westbound is closed.

If you're traveling, be careful and watch out for idiots.

My wife was passed on the two lane road in downtown Carson City this morning driving our daughter to work.........only to be stopped at the next traffic light.

Bob

6-7 inches of heavy wet snow in Walker (5,400 feet). Everything is white and looks like winter. I don't see a lot of traffic on Hwy 395 so things are moving slow. At least I hope they are being careful out there driving (moving slow). Power was out overnight but back on now.
    Dick

We got an easy foot in south lake over night. Another foot predicted throughout the day. A bit tomorrow as well. It's dumping good right now. Lots of idiots stuck in the deep ass 4' center divide snow block in the middle of the highway. Not sure how they thought they would make it through...baby dick truck or not. It's hectic out. Stay home if ya can.

If we don't have a "miracle march", or long late winter the summer is gonna blow!

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post

If you're traveling, be careful and watch out for idiots.

My wife was passed on the two lane road in downtown Carson City this morning driving our daughter to work.........only to be stopped at the next traffic light.

Bob
    That’s just classic! How can so many people can justify threatening the safety of themselves and others for the vain hope that they might get somewhere a just a few moments sooner? I’ll never grasp that mentality at all, so short sighted and so utterly selfish.
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

March is looking good. 10 feet + above 8k feet for the month is in the cards. With proper (chuckle) water mgmt I think we squeak thru summer.

This is one of the coldest storms in a long time. Truly the powder those Utah and Colorado snobs brag about.

Coworker in Carson, NV reporting about 5 inches but snowing now and suppose to get another 5 tonight.
    Bridgeport 10-12 inches on ground and growing.
    Mammoth... Deeeeeeeeep 50 inches+ and counting.
    West slope 30 inches + and counting.

Hitting sugar bowl sunday with kids. Should be epic.

Think anchor ice and crappy conditions will defer my next outing for a week or so. Maybe not...

Be safe. Don't drive if you don't have to.