Thread: Off-Topic Taxidermists

Default Off-Topic Taxidermists

Hi All. Not sure which forum to post this in but this seemed the most logical. My son got his first duck on the youth hunt weekend, a sprig, and we want to get it mounted. Does anyone out here have any recommendations on a taxidermist? Preferably in the South Bay Area...

Mark Dias in Hollister, (831) 634-1730

Not south bay, buuuuut, if you want the absolute best, check out www.birdmanstudios.com. Todd does incredible work!

Thank you both. I've never gone down this road so have no idea what is a reasonable price and what isn't.

Steve have you any experience with Todd? Do you just send him the bird in a frozen state and he does the rest?

Thanks again both of you for responding.

Bump,

For the quality of his work his prices are reasonable. If you click on the shipping button on his site he has all the shipping info. You wont be sorry.

I'll second Birdman Studios. When it comes to Taxidermist for the mot part you really do get what you pay for.

Kind of a late follow up. I was given a recommendation to try West Coast Taxidermy up in San Bruno, CA. I had him mount a pin-tail my son shot last winter and it came out excellent. He is doing a Snow Goose for me now. My brother in law has used him a couple of times as well and everything has come back top notch. He does fish too! Check them out if you are in the market.....