Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Than Catching Fish, What Do You Love Most About Fly Fishing?

Sounds like you’re a little unhappy about the numbers of steelhead. Wait till you see what’s left in another 50 years!

[QUOTE=Bkane;182103]Sounds like you’re a little unhappy about the numbers of steelhead. Wait till you see what’s left in another 50 years![/QUOT

Bkane, I,ve been fishing for over 5 decades and I'm fully aware of the patterns and where we are going. In another 50 years, the fish will be something in a picture.......I can't complain I've already caught mu share of fish, but nowadays, seems that is you want to catch some fish consistently you have to go to some "exotic location" if you can afford it. Like Bill said, it's more about casting than fishing.

I loved playing baseball and basketball growing up. The feel and smell of a basketball and/or glove was something that was hard for me to give up. Fly fishing has replaced that for me. The feel of a rod in my hand and the wind/sun/sleet/snow on my face brings me a joy I can’t put into words. The adventure and journeys fishing has taken me (all of us) on is second to none.

As for the lack of fish... I still do ok. But I work my arse off. But my idea of fishing is not out on the AR. Not bad mouthing it at all. It’s just not for me.

Letting them go

The feeling that I've done my best for the river, that I've written the letters to FERC and the Water Board and attended the meetings and stood and spoken for leaving a little more for in the river. Also birds, mist, good times with friends and family, the chance to have an encounter with water dwellers, the sight of water, the sound of water, the smell of water, the feel of water.