Thread: Evolution of cell phone photography on our BB over the last 10 years.

Default Evolution of cell phone photography on our BB over the last 10 years.

It is amazing how the quality of the photography with cell phones has improved over the years.

How many here use their cell phones and how many use a digital camera?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill,
    John H, especially, has shared some amazing work of his using
    both the cell phone and digital cameras.
    Thanks John!
    Larry S
    Sun Diego

I don’t use the cell phone that much. I like them for texting a photo of what is happening right now but for good resolution and printing a DSLR with a full size sensor seems to be the way to go. I have taken some phone pictures I thought were pretty good but when I got them on my desktop monitor I could see a lot of problems with them. Smart phones do a lot of editing to the photos. They pump up the color and brightness so they look good on your phone which they do but they seem to lose a lot of resolution through that process.

My ideal camera kit is a DSLR with one lens and a polarizing filter, a waterproof point and shoot with a fish eye lens, a GoPro, my phone if I have service, a light tripod and a dry bag to put the whole mess into. I do find the best way to get good pictures is to stop fishing. I usually get good pictures when the fishing is bad and I quit, there is only one spot to fish and I let my buddy have it or we stop to eat lunch. If the fish are biting I don’t seem to get a lot of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    I don’t use the cell phone that much. I like them for texting a photo of what is happening right now but for good resolution and printing a DSLR with a full size sensor seems to be the way to go. I have taken some phone pictures I thought were pretty good but when I got them on my desktop monitor I could see a lot of problems with them. Smart phones do a lot of editing to the photos. They pump up the color and brightness so they look good on your phone which they do but they seem to lose a lot of resolution through that process.

My ideal camera kit is a DSLR with one lens and a polarizing filter, a waterproof point and shoot with a fish eye lens, a GoPro, my phone if I have service, a light tripod and a dry bag to put the whole mess into. I do find the best way to get good pictures is to stop fishing. I usually get good pictures when the fishing is bad and I quit, there is only one spot to fish and I let my buddy have it or we stop to eat lunch. If the fish are biting I don’t seem to get a lot of pictures.
    My sentiments exactly.... beautiful sunsets often get the cel phone if fish are biting... If slow, break out the DSLR, a tripod, and an IPA!