Thread: 1448 jet boat $2500-3650

Default 1448 jet boat $2500 - $4000

Great starter boat and beginning jet boat driver boat for our local waters

$2750 Boat plus bob’s machine shop mini adjustable transom jack Mercury 25/17.5 jet plus spare lower unit with prop, trailer and oars.

$4000 - All of the above plus additional Mercury 25 hp prop adjust transom jack height in seconds with power drill and socket 28 mph and pushes 30 mph stripped down with two guys and minimal gear about as fast as you want to go in a Jon boat. Plus one year old 55lb thrust Minn Kota power drive with co-pilot cord pedal cordless pedal and remote control with lanyard and one year old battery. (Trolling motors ain’t cheap check out the Minn Kota website.)

Disclosures: could use a splash plate for jet, needs a weld by trolling motor mount, has a leak that’s was fixed but needs fixing unless you don’t care about a little swill in the boat, leafs springs don’t match so it can bounce hard if you hit speed bumps hard, but hasn’t been a problem for me. Cosmetically chalClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6479.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	13849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6453.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	13850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6456.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	13851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6458.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	13852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6458.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	13852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6460.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	13853lenged. Could use a paint job. The Mercs were 18 and 20hp XDs but I put 25hp carbs in them I still have the old carbs and can show you difference. Powerhead is the exact same for the 18, 20, and 25. I bought the jet off some people who used it for diving in salt; however, it starts with two fingers and an easy pull. Of the two I like this one better. Title is clean in my boat partner Joe Morris’ name. He’s in the Kiene’s fly fishing family but we’ll have to arrange with him to transfer title. I have some homemade casting decks that I’ll throw in for free. The bow one is pretty ratty but works and I’ll throw it in mostly as a template if you want to make a new one. Bought a new boat so my $$ going into that and not fixing anything boat is as is.

Adavantages: Ran this boat from the mouth of the Yuba to Daguerre Dam at 310 cfs which is damn skinny water and had the river to myself. If you stack up on a shallow riffle you just get out yank it off and try a different line. Go where bigger jets don’t dare. Switch between prop and jet about an hour with the spare lower unit option and seconds with spare motor option. Boat is already depreciated so use it for a bit when you are ready to upgrade you can your most of your money back. Ready to fish as is.

Once owned by Andy Guibord so you know the fish catching mojo is strong strong strong. Thousands of fish have been landed on this vessels in our local rivers lakes and the Delta
    Last edited by Kenny; 02-01-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: add pics

Can you post some pics ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6491.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	13854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6496.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	13855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6485.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	13856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6457.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	13857

Most important - compression is strong and even in both cylinders on both motors. I have a compression tester and we can do a quick test. These motors may be old but both have a long life of steady service still left. Annual maintenance is easy on these motors with no special tools needed and I can point out what I do and how to do it to keep running tip top. We can always meet at Watt and hit that shallow riffle by the island to show what this thing can do.
    Last edited by Kenny; 02-01-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6491.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	13854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6496.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	13855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6485.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	13856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6457.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	13857

most important - compression is strong and even in both cylinders on both motors. I have a compression tester and we can do a quick test. These motors may be old but both have a long life of steady service still left. Annual maintenance is easy on these motors with no special tools needed and i can point out what i do and how to do it to keep running tip top. We can always meet at watt and hit that shallow riffle by the island to show what this thing can do.
    sold sold sold

Sold sold sold