Thread: Please comment to FERC on relicensing of Don Pedro and LaGrange dams

Default Please comment to FERC on relicensing of Don Pedro and LaGrange dams

Turlock Irrigation District and Modesto Irrigation District are due to relicense the Don Pedro and LaGrange dams on the Tuolumne River.

Below these dams, the flow is reduced to about 20% of natural flows!

Let FERC know that this is not good enough. Let's take some water back for the fish.

See the Tuolumne River Trust's advice on commenting

https://www.tuolumne.org/ferc-facts/

Hurry! comments close 01/29/18.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra D View Post
    Turlock Irrigation District and Modesto Irrigation District are due to relicense the Don Pedro and LaGrange dams on the Tuolumne River.

Below these dams, the flow is reduced to about 20% of natural flows!

Let FERC know that this is not good enough. Let's take some water back for the fish.

See the Tuolumne River Trust's advice on commenting

https://www.tuolumne.org/ferc-facts/

Hurry! comments close 01/29/18.
    Bumping this, as today is the LAST day to offer comments. Remember that these licenses are for 50 years, so this is the best opportunity to make any positive changes to flow standards. There is some real potential to see a return to healthy salmon and steelhead runs on the Tuolumne river, how cool would that be!!! The process takes a few steps, and it isn’t a simple click of a “like” button, but the small effort really could have some substantial payback down the road.
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown