Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drifting the Mokelumne (sea lion free?)

Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    So if a coho runs up the American it’s not native? Even if the American is a historic spawning ground for coho? You’re pretty closed minded. Fish choose rivers most suitable. Not all fish spawning in a river originated from that river. That’s how genetics become diversified. The “fact is” it isn’t so cut and dry like you think it is. Unless you have data that natives no longer reside in this river it’s just an assumption. Wild Native steelhead do run in the American. Not the numbers the hatchery fish have but they do. Even if they hatched from a different water source. That’s why the adipose law is in affect. Just like they run up the Lower Yuba with NO hatchery. I’m gonna bonk as many fish as I legally want. Taking fish doesn’t mean you’ll have less fish returns. I don’t know if you know this but they live in the ocean most of their life. Ocean conditions play a far bigger factor than taking a couple fish from a river system. You’re also giving the word “native” a different definition than it really means. The Hatchery for the American is using NATIVE Californian steelhead to stock the river because of poor spawning habitat. They aren’t dumping non native fish. Any river that has access to the ocean can have any steelhead born in any river run up and spawn in it. That’s a fact.
    Ross you really are special! Oh and keep bonking them bud!
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

What the heck are you two even arguing about?

Quote Originally Posted by Siskiyoublues View Post
    No argument here..... hahaha! Just bonking away.

And let’s not forget it’s steelhead time. So it’s a must. Hahaha
    Aron-

Quote Originally Posted by Siskiyoublues View Post
    He’s butt hurt that hatchery steelhead are being harvested and seems to be the expert on steelhead biology and history. Except he has no reply to the fish that end up in different river systems than they originated from to spawn or knows what the term native means. But I’m the bad guy who harvests hatchery fish because releasing hatchery fish means more fish in the river system. His only way to respond to any of what I said is to call me “special”. The only time a person has to resort to name calling is when they really don’t know what they’re talking about. So I’m going to chalk it up to he’s got some research to do before he starts spouting off “purist” remarks. I’m just gonna leave it at that.
    Last edited by Rossflyguy; 01-31-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Ross you are a funny person. No butt hurt here. And quite a few people know me that are members of this forum. They can tell you it would take more the army of Ross to butt hurt me. But you seem to have a bone to pick with everyone on a variety of subjects. Heck maybe the bass and pan fish section can use some strong debates.

Tight lines!
    Aron-

Quote Originally Posted by winxp_man View Post
    Ross you are a funny person. No butt hurt here. And quite a few people know me that are members of this forum. They can tell you it would take more the army of Ross to butt hurt me. But you seem to have a bone to pick with everyone on a variety of subjects. Heck maybe the bass and pan fish section can use some strong debates.

Tight lines!
    You have a problem with me bonking fish. I didn’t start this argument. I just finished it and you’re definitely butt hurt if you feel the need to sarcastically remind me to bonk fish. Good to know people on this forum know you. I know people too. Doesn’t mean anything. If you don’t care I bonk fish let it go. You’re not gonna strong arm me cause I take hatchery fish and give me no facts to back up your reason to try and put me down. Especially calling people names. You don’t know me and you definitely shouldn’t be calling someone names you don’t know. Again, I’m leaving it at that. Take it how you want.

The real debate to have is vs. BuRec. Unfortunately, 'they' never make themselves available nor do they abide by the laws that were created to restore our fisheries (CVPIA 1993) i.g., accountable.

I think everyone here wishes for the same thing...... All of this infighting solves nothing and compared to the big picture, nothing but a spec of dust vs. the will of BuRec and DWR.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSunfish View Post
    The real debate to have is vs. BuRec. Unfortunately, 'they' never make themselves available nor do they abide by the laws that were created to restore our fisheries (CVPIA 1993) i.g., accountable.

I think everyone here wishes for the same thing...... All of this infighting solves nothing and compared to the big picture, nothing but a spec of dust vs. the will of BuRec and DWR.
    Well put, there are much bigger issues to fight
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Didn't mean to spark any drama from my initial question that led to this RossFlyGuy & WinXP_man, and I shouldn't have derailed the original thread topic. Definitely interesting to see how polarizing this topic can be even amongst ourselves as fisherman though. I feel like the folks on this board attempt to act ethically (per whatever beliefs they have) when on the stream and that means a lot to me. Just trying to educate myself, and will keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by FattMerro View Post
    Didn't mean to spark any drama from my initial question that led to this RossFlyGuy & WinXP_man, and I shouldn't have derailed the original thread topic. Definitely interesting to see how polarizing this topic can be even amongst ourselves as fisherman though. I feel like the folks on this board attempt to act ethically (per whatever beliefs they have) when on the stream and that means a lot to me. Just trying to educate myself, and will keep trying.
    You did nothing wrong. It could’ve been a nice civil discussion but there those who mean well and don’t know how to talk to people about their beliefs without trying to ridicule someone. I myself believe hatchery fish aren’t good for the wild fish. For many reasons. Some people here believe hatchery fish are good for the river because it give people a chance to catch more fish. Priorities are different for all fisherman. If people really cared about AR steelhead they’d push for a brood stock program. Make the genetics stronger.