Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Drifting the Mokelumne (sea lion free?)

The real debate to have is vs. BuRec. Unfortunately, 'they' never make themselves available nor do they abide by the laws that were created to restore our fisheries (CVPIA 1993) i.g., accountable.

Well....
    I think OceanSunFish FINALLY said something useful on this thread.
    Nature DOES keep her nich for wild fish full. Her nich has been reduced to about, what?, 15 miles of questionable spawning and rearing habitat, instead of 90+ miles. Man cannot do in a concrete raceway what nature can do herself. And if the American is like the Russian, there is danged little competition in the smolts as ours have to leave the river in about a month or the river will poison them. Of course, if you are raising wild smolts in the raceways, there may be some competition.
    Whether we bonk or not, we WILL NOT change either fishery, wild or hatchery. The hatchery will produce (only what they are funded and not necessarily contracted) replacements. And unless we are much more efficient than the seals and any other predator, nature has it covered.
    YES, WE DO WANT RESTORED FISHERIES.......but until we decide to restore the habitat, the water, and the envirionment that they require, we are pissing up a rope.....bonk or not.
    Sooooo many organizations promote rocks in the creeks, root wads in the rivers, barbless hooks, and other wasted efforts, when real issues (poison water) get swept under the table.
    Rant over......
    .....lee s.

Not to ruin the party Compadres! , but I was hoping to get Info on the Moke river below Camanche dam. fishery.
    with all this great warm weather thats been in the late 60`s i was looking for a Improved fishing report on that river , not a debate on wild and hatchery fish!!!

so let me ask AGAIN!!!!. any fishing report of steelhead on the moke?????
    Troutaholic61

Quote Originally Posted by stefanoflo View Post
    Not to ruin the party Compadres! , but I was hoping to get Info on the Moke river below Camanche dam. fishery.
    with all this great warm weather thats been in the late 60`s i was looking for a Improved fishing report on that river , not a debate on wild and hatchery fish!!!

so let me ask AGAIN!!!!. any fishing report of steelhead on the moke?????
    There are no Steelhead in the Moke!
    Wouldn’t hurt to keep this river on the down low.
    Robert

No steelhead in the moke, just little dinks 4 to 8 inches long.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

Read the report I left earlier. I also posted a picture of the sort of fish that I was getting into. Lots of dinks in that system as well. Its crowded. I would avoid weekends.