Thread: International Sportsman's Expo - Sacramento

Default International Sportsman's Expo - Sacramento

Starting on Thursday, ISE will be at the Sacramento State Fairgrounds / Cal Expo.

Lot's to see, Hunting, Fishing, Outdoor recreation, fly fishing ( hopefully more booths than last year), presentations, etc.

I'll be there tying flies on Thursday and walking around the show on Friday for a few hours. The tiers will be located between the youth building and the fly fishing building, not the best location but you take what is given to you. I will have a few flies to sell, mainly crease flies and a few sea habits.

Hope to see you there.

What's the weather suppose to be? Sunny and warm or liquid sunshine?

Jay Murakoshi

Should be lots of boats and RVs too..........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default ISE Show....

I enjoyed this years show (missed last year). Seems like there's more of everything to see. The layout is more accommodating to guys with sore knees (like me), too. I didn't spend as much as I normally do at shows but I sure talked to a lot of vendors. There were a lot of travel exhibits that offer trips to AK and I was tempted but resisted; maybe next year. It was getting chilly when I was ready to leave. Had a coffee, hot dog/fries for dinner, so, I had a good show.

Can't wait for The Fly Fishing Show in Pleasanton....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Darian
    What time were you at the show. I was there on Thursday tying from 11am to 2pm. I was suppose to tie until 5pm but a few people who had signed up but not put on the list came in and wanted to tie. I gave up my spot and then walked around. It cost me a few bucks. I bought a couple of those fiberglass mounted fish that were just around the corner from the tying station. I bought a blue gill and then the guy said htat his wife made up a sign that read "buy one get one free". So I got a free LMB. It only cost me $50.00.

I then walked over to the hunting building and talked with the guy from Eastman Trophy Deers about some buck tails. I talked with him last year but he was so busy with the business and a new baby. He gave me 4 names of taxidermist that does work for them. He said that they might be able to provide me with the buck tails. I told him that I'm looking for buck tails with white hair at least 6" length and I want to buy at least 2,000. All they have to do is bone them and soak them in formaldhyde to kill the bugs. I will do the rest.

Just that little bit of walking kill my knees. I left around 6pm and headed back to the hotel. I was planning on going back on Friday but I thought the show was pretty slow on Thursday. I'm talking about the fly tying section. The other fishing building was packed.
    I talked to a few guys who were interested in going to Baja in October. They've been a few years ago but haven't been back since the "no bait" years. Now that there's bait they are thinking about going in October. The question "do you think the bait will stay around"

They are still catching dorado, yellow fin and a few wahoo. Even some roosters.
    I have booked the second week of November for Christmas Island. There are some good tides for the GT's and later in the week for bones. I need to make up a flyer for the Pleasanton show and post of FB.
    See you at the Pleasanton show

Jay

Default ISE Show....

Hi Jay,.... Sorry I missed you. I went to the show on Friday as I had to have my hand checked out (had surgery on the left hand early in January and it's covered with a dressing). Anyway, I found the show better this year than two years ago. Seemed like there was a better/new collection of exhibitors. Saw the Tailhunter crew but they were too busy to stop and say hello. WOW!!! 2,000 bucktails is a bunch off hair. I resisted buying much of anything but some pros jerky and a new fishin' hat. I spent some time in the conventional fishing area and found some interesting lures that might contribute to a couple of new fly designs. Something to think about, anyway.

I know what you mean about stress on the knees from all that walking/standing around. I arrived at the show around 2:00 PM and left about 5:30 PM and the walk back to the truck was a bit painful/cold.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown